Okay, I set up a blog...

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 30 June 2017, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

So not very encouraging for the non-tech savvy then. Funny how some sites, like Honours of War, enable you to download photos directly from your computer with no need to host elsewhere. If everyone did that the problem would be solved.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 14 July 2017, 07:37:46 PM
So not very encouraging for the non-tech savvy then. Funny how some sites, like Honours of War, enable you to download photos directly from your computer with no need to host elsewhere. If everyone did that the problem would be solved.

It's fine if the company has money to pay for the additional storage to hold the image files but it's a cost not every company can justify.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Another update and a few extra images in the Dragon men page
https://madlemmey.blogspot.co.uk/
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Blog's coming along nicely, Will.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Ok, I didn't set up a blog and now I'm making a complete balls of setting up a wireless printer. I f********g hate computers!!! >:(

Duke Speedy of Leighton

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Looking good Will

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 18 July 2017, 07:35:56 PM
Ok, I didn't set up a blog and now I'm making a complete balls of setting up a wireless printer. I f********g hate computers!!! >:(

I had the same problem trying to set up our wireless printer, last year, Andy.
The pretty little light telling you it was connected to the wi-fi lit up.....But would the sod work ?

I ended up buying a long lead to plug it into a USB port.

I have a love/hate relationship with my PC.
I couldn't do without it now...But it drives me completely mental a lot of the time.

We managed to set up the new lap-dog (sic) for Von.....Now we've got to transfer the files from the old hard drive. (Which shouldn't be too difficult)

Of course....I know what will happen next. Windows ****ing 10 won't be able to open them.

Cheers - Phil.

Leman

Have now spent approx 6 hours trying to get this £50 worth of junk trying to work. I also find the help sites useless because they are written for people who have an intimate knowledge of computers - so about as helpful as a chocolate teapot for people like me. What is most annoying is that I have four sets of rules and charts waiting to be printed.  >:(

Leman

Been up since 5 faffing around with this. Have given up and will get an expert in. Might cost me nearly as much as the bloody printer but  can't deal with downloads without one.

Leman

Had a sudden spark! If the wireless won't work then try connecting with a USB cable. Three minutes later and it's printing. Thanks for not putting that on the help site HP!

paulr

Quote from: Techno on 19 July 2017, 06:33:43 AM
I ended up buying a long lead to plug it into a USB port.

Cheers - Phil.

Has Techno just successfully give some PC tech support :o :o :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Eek! 😬

*Checks for other signs of the impending apocalypse *