Stand To - Shildon, County Durham - Sunday 15th October

Started by Roy, 29 June 2017, 10:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I saw advertisements for this show at the recent Penrith show, and have found the updated details for this year's event on Facebook.

It'd be great to see Stand To enjoy some success, so I just thought I'd share. (I'm not one of the organisers, in case there is any confusion)

LINK to Facebook events page

LINK to Facebook Stand To show page

The venue has free parking. A cafe. Toilets. Is wheelchair and children friendly. Free entry. It is located in the National Railway Museum Shildon "Locomotion" building, so there are plenty of Railway exhibits and model railway items to view (and buy).

If you're local its definitely worth a visit, as numbers through the door and supporting the show is obviously a great boost to the hobby in the NE of England.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

skywalker

Redcar Ironbeards are supporting the show by putting on a game or two :D :D :D

Roy

I don't know what I'm doing, yet. Possibly I'll be one of the chaps helping Dave Docherty with his Sands of the Sudan game (came 2nd at last Partizan for a club game, so well done to him). I've asked if I can contribute some small diorama conversions to his layout, so we'll just have to wait and see ... there's always Battleground, unless he's doing something with the Old Guard?
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

skywalker

We are doing Battleground but have yet to decide on what to play..............I must motivate the troops better...............Anyone got a cattle prod I can borrow?  ;D ;D ;D ;D :d

howayman

Is this show still on?
Seen very little about it. Except on here.