The Battle of the Dalek Ray-Gun Pagoda

Started by FierceKitty, 27 June 2017, 03:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

27 June 2017, 03:31:23 AM Last Edit: 27 June 2017, 03:39:13 AM by FierceKitty
The ancient Chinese have had their first outing, and quite bloody it was (armour doesn't give any protection against 2HCW).

The heavy cavalry on both sides are at it here. The Ch'in (in blue) misjudged things and got flank charged, which was to cost them the battle in the long run.

On the other hand, the Han left flank was largely undefended, and the Ch'in and their Xiong-Nu allies gave me major trouble here. I did have a force to defend the position, but it got wrong footed early on (those routing LC were meant to slow things down a bit).

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

A couple of dragon's-eye views of the centre.

FierceKitty

The Ch'in picked men went through my crossbows like a dose of salts. Fortunately my chariots were guzzling their foot like dim sum on the other side.

FierceKitty

27 June 2017, 03:37:50 AM #3 Last Edit: 27 June 2017, 03:40:12 AM by FierceKitty
The main infantry engagement in the centre, and the Han guards capturing the pagoda (not fortified this time). The Ch'in unit taken in flank broke at the same time as the crossbowmen being thumped by the elite swordsmen.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Umteenthed +n (where n = TPN*)

*Thread Post Number
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

FierceKitty