Phoenix (Cumbria) show report

Started by Norm, 24 June 2017, 09:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

24 June 2017, 09:09:03 PM Last Edit: 24 June 2017, 10:31:35 PM by Norm
Visited the Phoenix Wargames show today (Cumbria UK). This is its second year and looks to be doing well.

This is a blogged show report at the below link

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/pheonix-wargame-show-2017.html

Steve J

Thanks Norm and off to your Blog to check it out. My next show won't be until Colours, so nice to be able to get a wargaming fix via show reports. :)

paulr

Thanks for an interesting report
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Thanks also, Norm. This is about as close as I get to actually seeing a show on a regular basis.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

SV52

Must be one of the best venues of any show.  The place is a bit 'new-agey' for me but usually has marvellous local art for sale.  Good plug Norm.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Does indeed sound a good place. For those who prefer retro-industrialisation I recommend Stoke-on-Trent.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Access for the traders wasn't so good, I believe.

Single access point, at the double door where the bring and buy was, traders vans having to park in single line curving around the outer perimeter of the service station's forecourt while vehicles came and went and filled up with fuel.

But nothing the organisers could do about that, really. There being no other way to gain access, easily, except via the stairs or lift or elevators.

Certainly is room to increase the show, should it warrant it, as there's the third room where the tournament games were.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

DanJ

Thanks for posting, I must try and get there next year, it's not too far away and en-route to the Northern Lakes; unfortunately I was at a wedding this time round.