Miscellaneous pictures

Started by kipt, 23 June 2017, 04:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kipt

My wife had a women's group over the other day and she wanted me to put out some of my miniatures.  My hobby room (was my daughter's room some time ago) is not where I game (but I could with a couple of people).  I prefer bigger boards and more troops as can be seen in my posted Batreps.

In any event the link has pictures of a chess set I pained for my Dad 40 years ago (I think).  It was a Christmas present.  I now have it back. 

Pictures of Adler troops; a brigade of Adler French and Austrian infantry (20:1 scale) with a French Cuirassier brigade and an Austrian cavalry regiment.  Guns also.

Then a setup of Pendraken FPW troops, four divisions per side.  Here an infantry stand is a regiment.

Also some books and workspace.

Here is the link.
http://s915.photobucket.com/user/kiptrexel/library/Miscellaneous%20Miniatures

Leman

Looks to be a very nice set up. Lovely thought to paint up the chess set.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Your room is impressively neat and well organized - like a magazine photo shoot! Like the way you have done your gameboards and move stands that really capture the mass of troops. Beautifully painted also. The chess set is great, very creatively done. Your Father must have enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing these photos!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Steve J

Nice idea re: the chess set and as others have said, I'm jealous of your wargames room!

fred.

Nice looking stuff.

But thanks to photo bucket's general weirdness I can't see more than the thumbnails. Have I mentioned before how much I hate photobucket  >:(  It used to be great, now its just flaky, ad filled and hard work. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I'm feeling the same.
What does the hivemind suggest instead?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Quote from: fred. on 23 June 2017, 04:36:27 PM
Nice looking stuff.

But thanks to photo bucket's general weirdness I can't see more than the thumbnails. Have I mentioned before how much I hate photobucket  >:(  It used to be great, now its just flaky, ad filled and hard work. 

Same here, but it all looked good from what I could see.

Leman

I decided to invest a bit in photo bucket so that I could store pictures and get rid of the ads. Suddenly all the flaky problems disappeared. It seems there is no such thing as a free lunch.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

I use google photos - seems to be pretty clean and easy.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

jimduncanuk

Photo Bucket, Just say No.
My Ego forbids a signature.

kipt

Interesting about Photobucket.  I had a heck of a time getting the descriptions on and even uploading.  But when I look at the link through the forum it looks OK.

sunjester

I use flickr, never had any problems with that (or at least no one has ever mentioned anything).

PraetorianJC

Wonderful stuff. I wish my wife was nearly as supportive of the hobby.  ;D