Wellington, NZ

Started by Sandinista, 22 June 2017, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

I will be in Wellington for the next few days, a general visit prior to the Lions game on Tuesday.

Is there any shops, museums, places of interest - historical or gaming related that I should look out for?

I will be visiting some of the breweries, that was the easy bit of research :-)

Cheers
Ian

Leman

With all the thunderstorms we shall also be in wellingtons.   :-[
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Great War Exhibition at Pukeahu, the National War Memorial
The Last post ceremony takes place at the War Memorial each night at 5pm

Scale of our War at Te Papa and near one of the breweries ;)
Wellington Museum on Jervois Quay

Alll worth a visit

Modelcrafts & Hobbies is the main model shop in Wellington, in the basement of State Insurance Building, 1 Willis St
There are a couple more model shops on the Kapiti coast

The Hutt Club meets this Saturday at St Brendan's School Hall, 56 Palmer Cresent, Upper Hutt
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

Shame the Hutt club meeting is not on Sunday, I probably would have been able to make it 🙁

Cheers
Ian

pierre the shy

Afternoon Ian  - like Leman said I hope you bought your Wellingtons with you - for those elsewhere its about about 10 Deg C (feels about 5 Dec C) with rain and a howling Southerly.....welcome to Wellington - can't beat it on a good day  :)

Unfortunately we don't have any gaming planned for this weekend but if you have a bit of time to spare always good to meet fellow forum members....I sent a PM to you.

Cheers
Peter

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

pierre the shy

Paul and I met up with Ian today and given the brisk weather, adjourned to a local bar for a good chin wag about gaming and many things besides for a couple of hours.

Great to be able to meet other forum members face to face. Don't know when I might be in the top of the north island next but got a invite to visit if ever up that way.   

Thanks for taking the time to meet up Ian.

Cheers
Peter 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Thanks Peter for organising the catch up, thanks Ian for a vey pleasant chat about many things :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

It was an afternoon well spent, good company, engaging conversation and a couple of beers too  :D

Cheers
Ian