That was hard work......

Started by Nosher, 22 June 2017, 07:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

It does indeed happen to all of us. Before I discovered the DBA based rules I would often become overwhelmed at having to paint so many figures in he same uniform. But with HOTT and the other DBA based rules, the armies are small, and if I bog down in a project I can always start another one until I feel the need/interest to finish the first one.

Case in point when I did my Jadis, Queen of all Narnia army it was great fun and I cranked through nearly 48 points of elements - with many of them being 1 point Hordes. Then I decided to add a second general to allow me to split of the two armies of 24 points for a standard game and decided on the  Lady in the Green Kirtle. Well, I managed to get the serpent version of her done OK, but it took me a little over three years to finish the human version of her. But she's done now and the armies are complete.

So all in all, for me only having to do small numbers of figures for a unit is a big help. Won't discuss eye sight - I've had glaucoma for 30+ years, and six eye surgeries later I'm still beating it, but it does take a toll.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Leman

My standard SYW infantry units can be a struggle, being between 32 and 40 figures strong, but the FPW is easier, with 16 to 20/25. Very much the production line approach.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nosher

Cheers chaps ;)

I think half my problem is simply 'other interests' or possibly mid-life crisis ;D I've recently bought a Vespa, started to attend rallies and rideouts and like all petrol heads (one set of two wheels is never enough) I've also bought a motorbike. I've also got involved in restoring military vehicles and am developing a mad cap plan to buy a Field Kitchen Trailer and sell Aldershot Concrete Company style food at military fairs and events....

I think I may have too many hobbies on the go at once :D

The eyesight maybe down to too much cider now summers here, either that or exhaustion from work and having quite physically demanding hobbies.

Nearly finished the units for the big game - only 36 Austrians to go :)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

Well, keep at it Nosher. The main thing is to be enjoying yourself. As they tend to say now, when it stops being fun, stop. At least I've just completed my first FPW unit from scratch in about three years.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!