Old Fantasy Miniatures

Started by Baconheimer, 20 June 2017, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconheimer

Hello,

What exactly is going on with the old fantasy moulds?  Particularly the Ratmen and a group in the accessories/miscellaneous section that looked a bit like garden gnomes.  I've heard they're being remastered, but what exactly does that entail and will these figures ever be available for purchase again?

Leon

The older moulds had reached the end of their life and it was getting difficult to get decent castings from them, so we removed them from the website.  Some of them will get revamped and released again in the future, but we don't have any timescales for it at the moment. 

The Ratmen would be a priority but they would be completely new sculpts rather than just new moulds of the same figures.  The Rat sculpts were always noticeably bigger than all of the other Fantasy ranges so we'd want to bring them down in size and make them more compatible with the other ranges.  The 'garden gnomes' were the Pixies I think, and aren't too bad as sculpts.  We'd probably get a few more types done to give more variety and then they could be re-released.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

andys

If the New range was a bit, well, skayvan-ish (cough), I dare say you get a fair bit of interest.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Are Fantasy Medieval types still available in the medieval range? I have a Warband army to sort...  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Baconheimer

Quote from: Leon on 20 June 2017, 02:51:09 PM
The older moulds had reached the end of their life and it was getting difficult to get decent castings from them, so we removed them from the website.  Some of them will get revamped and released again in the future, but we don't have any timescales for it at the moment. 

The Ratmen would be a priority but they would be completely new sculpts rather than just new moulds of the same figures.  The Rat sculpts were always noticeably bigger than all of the other Fantasy ranges so we'd want to bring them down in size and make them more compatible with the other ranges.  The 'garden gnomes' were the Pixies I think, and aren't too bad as sculpts.  We'd probably get a few more types done to give more variety and then they could be re-released.
Thanks!  When the Ratmen are redone will the range include all of the same codes (I'm curious about the Desert Rats and the boombox-carrying vermin)?

Regarding the gnomes, I think you are correct that they are the pixies.  Because of the better state of the moulds are they likely to be rereleased sooner?

Thanks for the help

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 June 2017, 08:00:05 PM
Are Fantasy Medieval types still available in the medieval range? I have a Warband army to sort...  ;)

The historical Medieval range is still available as normal, plus there's the Dragonmen which are a better match for the other races.

Quote from: Baconheimer on 20 June 2017, 10:42:46 PM
Thanks!  When the Ratmen are redone will the range include all of the same codes (I'm curious about the Desert Rats and the boombox-carrying vermin)?

Regarding the gnomes, I think you are correct that they are the pixies.  Because of the better state of the moulds are they likely to be rereleased sooner?

The Desert Rats and League of Ratsburg would be unlikely to be redone as the sales on them have never been fantastic.  We could look at putting the original figures back into circulation but we'd need to do some new moulds at some point.  These ranges aren't as worn out as the others though, so drop us an email if you're after any Desert Rats.

As for the gnomes/pixies, they'd appear sooner than the Rats but we'd still need to send them off and get some more sculpts done for them, so you'd be looking at the end of the year really.
8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Baconheimer

Thank you for your assistance on this!

I'm very glad to see the Ratsburgers back up for sale!

Leon

Quote from: Baconheimer on 05 August 2017, 03:53:57 AM
Thank you for your assistance on this!

I'm very glad to see the Ratsburgers back up for sale!

8)