Phalanx 2017 show report

Started by Norm, 17 June 2017, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

Great report Norm. The traders stand you pictured is Games of War they are based in Seaham, County Durham. :D :D

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: fsn on 18 June 2017, 08:08:34 AM
... This is because I am firmly committed to the one true scale, and 1:600 aeroplanes ... and 1:3000 ships, but I am firmly committed to the one true scale.   

;D

Anyway, the highlight of my day was meeting Leon himself. Surprisingly, he didn't berate me for the contributions I have made to this forum, which proves he must be a really, really nice man.

That - well either that OR a very selective memory...  ;)

Dave talked me through the Pendraken Centurion offerings, which has to be one of the most disturbingly exciting moments of my life.  :-[

X_X  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

I get to Phalanx irregularly, and the biggest problem is always the lack of parking. I went this year and thought the number of stalls and the quality of games were up to par. It did seem to me when I was there that the number of punters was lower, but that might just have been the beautiful day, the economic climate or the stripper-thon with free beer and pizza being held in Widnes at the same time. 

Definitely the stripper-thon: it was all very quiet our local Valhalla in Farnborough this year.  I suspect it was because of the fall-out and aftereffects flowing down from the North-East  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Anyway, the highlight of my day was meeting Leon himself. Surprisingly, he didn't berate me for the contributions I have made to this forum, which proves he must be a really, really nice man. Dave talked me through the Pendraken Centurion offerings, which has to be one of the most disturbingly exciting moments of my life.  :-[

And nice to meet you as well sir!  Seeing the light slowly flick on in Dave's eyes was quite enjoyable...!

PS... I met him Phil, he does exist, he's a real person and everything!    :D

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!