Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 October 2017, 10:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've got some new WWII Eastern Front buildings ready to go!
241838 Posts in 14647 Topics by 2055 Members
Latest Member: hakejumble
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken News & Info!
| |-+  Shows
| | |-+  Phalanx 2017 show report
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Phalanx 2017 show report  (Read 753 times)
skywalker
Captain

« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2017, 12:25:51 PM »

Great report Norm. The traders stand you pictured is Games of War they are based in Seaham, County Durham. Cheesy Cheesy
O Dinas Powys
Colonel

Blowing up a storm!

« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2017, 03:16:54 PM »

... This is because I am firmly committed to the one true scale, and 1:600 aeroplanes ... and 1:3000 ships, but I am firmly committed to the one true scale.   

Grin

Anyway, the highlight of my day was meeting Leon himself. Surprisingly, he didn't berate me for the contributions I have made to this forum, which proves he must be a really, really nice man.

That - well either that OR a very selective memory...  Wink

Dave talked me through the Pendraken Centurion offerings, which has to be one of the most disturbingly exciting moments of my life.  Embarrassed

I don't want to see  Wink

(I know, even though it's fantasy  Shocked  Wink  )
O Dinas Powys
Colonel

Blowing up a storm!

« Reply #17 on: 19 June 2017, 03:19:03 PM »

I get to Phalanx irregularly, and the biggest problem is always the lack of parking. I went this year and thought the number of stalls and the quality of games were up to par. It did seem to me when I was there that the number of punters was lower, but that might just have been the beautiful day, the economic climate or the stripper-thon with free beer and pizza being held in Widnes at the same time. 

Definitely the stripper-thon: it was all very quiet our local Valhalla in Farnborough this year.  I suspect it was because of the fall-out and aftereffects flowing down from the North-East  Wink

(I know, even though it's fantasy  Shocked  Wink  )
Leon
Field Marshal

« Reply #18 on: 20 June 2017, 01:35:31 PM »

Anyway, the highlight of my day was meeting Leon himself. Surprisingly, he didn't berate me for the contributions I have made to this forum, which proves he must be a really, really nice man. Dave talked me through the Pendraken Centurion offerings, which has to be one of the most disturbingly exciting moments of my life.  Embarrassed

And nice to meet you as well sir!  Seeing the light slowly flick on in Dave's eyes was quite enjoyable...!

PS... I met him Phil, he does exist, he's a real person and everything!    Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: