Techno

Started by fsn, 17 June 2017, 03:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

18 June 2017, 10:24:19 AM #15 Last Edit: 18 June 2017, 10:26:13 AM by fsn
The Completely unauthorised biography of Phil (Techno) Lewis by FS(Oik)N

Chapter 1: In which Techno discovers himself, and has to wear mittens for a month.

Well, Man, I think, y'know we should start the story in the 60s. All we talked about was like, the war and music.  All my friends used to get high chewing leaks and then they'd bitch about the war and who was right and who was wrong and what they could do to stop it. "Nutin." I would say. "Kids like you ain't gonna change nutin!"

"Nutin!" they would say, 'cos like we talked in them days "don't you mean 'nothing'?" That's how it was in the '60's man. Real icy, and real sharp. Like a blade made of ice. I wasn't interested in the war. I just wanted to do music, man. I joined the school band, and played the biggest, baddest drum I could find. That's when they called me Phil the Kettle, but the music was for squares, man. squares. They weren't hip to the beat, they weren't cool, they couldn't make you cry and make you want to scream in joy, like when you accidentally sit down too fast in the carrot field. The were square. I would say that to my friends.

"Daddy-o's," I would say, "This is the '60's! We should be all about making sweet, sweet love, not war, and making sweet, sweet music - not square music. I say we should listen to this cool cat, who's really making cool, cool music!" ( I didn't own a thesaurus in those days) "Forget about your Frederick II of Prussia, this hep cat Haydn is the man!"

Yeah man. The 1760's. Great times.      
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

You lot are cruising for a bruising.  :P  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'll have to do a bit of checking.....But the singer (obviously named after me..... =O =O =O =O) has definitely got some very strange parallels to me, in the respect of 'names' I've given to some of the ranges of figures I've made, in the dim and distant past.....And then found that this 'wannabe' Phil Lewis has used them for the names of albums he's recorded.

Synchronicity (?).......Is that the right word ?

Maybe he's my alter ego. ;)

Cheers - Phil

fred.

Not forgetting the hair!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ithoriel

Synchronicity (German: Synchronizität) is a concept, first introduced by analytical psychologist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship yet seem to be meaningfully related.

So, yep, synchronicity seems about right.

Like orcs I have a box of "clicky" mechs and assorted tanks, infantry etc. and I'm now wondering which cupboard it's in and whether I can find them and get in a game or two before my butterfly attention wanders elsewhere.

I remember being desperate to get a "clicky" Madcat IV, can't remember why now. Perhaps it was particularly effective for it's weight class, perhaps it was going to be part of a particular scenario, maybe it was sculpted by Phil and I was captivated by the awesomeness of the sculpting!

We only played one game using the rules for them and, having decided that the dials were so ludicrously small and the colours so hard to tell apart that it was unplayable, we reverted to the "proper" Battletech rules. We were always talking about painting the models but, as far as I remember, none of us ever did.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No more likely a doppelganger, - the nice half of Phil
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 18 June 2017, 01:25:35 PM
No more likely a doppelganger, - the nice half of Phil

Is there one ?  :P

As far as Mike's comments........I know I made the Madcat III.....But all the others are a complete blur. (I think I made that one...and that one...and that one..etc.)
I DO remember a phone call from WKs......"You know the 'so & so' you made' ?"......"No....Which one was that, then ?...Can you send me a piccy ?....I'll copy that pose."

I've made far too many figures to remember them all, now......I only vaguely remember (just) the Evil Wizzard (sic) that Nobby found.

Cheers - Phil