Website update

Started by stormrider, 18 July 2017, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormrider

It's not often I'll post here but... I'm the developer behind the facelift of the Pendraken website. I know there have been delays and some teething troubles and I'm working on getting everything straightened out.

Part of that is a revamp of the checkout process which has now gone live. I'm asking that anyone who has any issues with the site over the next couple of days (or longer!) please reply to this thread as I'll be monitoring it and fixing any problems that arise.

Screenshots are incredibly helpful along with a description of what you were doing at the time (on the site - I don't need to know about the unsavoury habits of wargamers beyond the use of the Pendraken site!!!)

If you're wary of posting images on here (which may contain account details) or you'd just plain rather email then please contact me at: codemonkey@stormriderstudios.com

Cheers!

Leman

What is a screenshot? This is the level of understanding you techie people are having to deal with.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

stormrider

Hopefully, this will help :)

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/windows.html

Quote from: Leman on 18 July 2017, 11:41:43 AM
What is a screenshot? This is the level of understanding you techie people are having to deal with.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Me thinks some one was being a tad sarcastic there .....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You know, I'm not sure...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

stormrider

Regardless I cover all bases, and ~someone~ out there could benefit from it :)

Wulf

At work, because of legacy software, I havew to use Internet Explorer 8. It doesn't work on 8, it just shows the background image & nothing else. Works on Chrome though.

That's just at work though, I do use the forum while at work (and it works on IE8... like now), but I don't do any purchasing here anyway. At home I've found no issues on Firefox.

fsn

18 July 2017, 05:09:56 PM #7 Last Edit: 18 July 2017, 05:14:25 PM by fsn
I thought a screen-shot was using a crossbow from behind a pavisse.

Stormrider (possibly an apt name) have you had my comment having to put the postage in when ordering?

On the home page, the text in the "stuff about us" etc boxes are slightly misaligned. I'm using IE11 - don't patronise me - I don't want your pity.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald: 2024 - Silver Medal (Cavalry)
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Well.....I know what a screenshot is.....But I didn't know how to actually 'make' one.....Useful to me, Stormrider. :)

Cheers - Mr Numpty.

Leman

I will freely admit that my relationship with computers is similar to that with bubonic plague. I hate them with a vengeance.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

stormrider

Hi guys, I've not been ignoring you!

I know there are some issues with IE, mostly because Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft so no new technology is being added to it. Edge is the replacement but I can't recommend it to be honest, Chrome is my #1 with Firefox coming a close 2nd (and yes, there's 1 or 2 firefox issues which are low priority fixes right now).

Making the site fully support IE would be a large undertaking but something that ultimately might have to be done but that's entirely up to Leon.

In the meantime a raft of issues with the new checkout system have been logged and at least 90% of them have been fixed. If you do try to order and can't then please let me know, likewise with trying to change any account settings (updates there too). The single address field will be disappearing eventually so copy your address details into the separate fields so you don't lose them (and make checking out easier!)

Wulf

On Chrome, the text in the price 'blobs' is misaligned - the words 'EXC VAT' or 'INC VAT' are too high & overlaid by the price.