Venturing into the Wasteland 2

Started by Terry37, 09 June 2017, 05:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Looks very cool! I'd go with roof lights 'cos if you're plastered in Main Force Patrol markings stealth hidden flashers are probably a bit redundant :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

Very nicely done!

I'd go with roof lights for the reasons toxicpixie gave.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Terry37

Thanks for the thoughts about the light bar on the roof guys.

Yes it does seem right to have the light bar what with all the DBP and police markings. But then I have to consider the blower assembly on the hood. If I am making it a standard police cruiser would it have a blower?????

On that point, my thinking was the Interceptor in Mad Max, it was a police car, but souped up, but as far as I know it had no markings. Although I have seen one picture on line that showed the word INTERCEPTOR on the rear deck - but that may have been some rendition and not the real Interceptor. Thoughts???? With the markings and the light bar I am thinking no to the blower assembly.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Blower - no not on a standard vehicle.

Been meaning to post - poundland in Birkenhead now have a set of modern cars which are smaller than 15mm, but might fit for you.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Terry37

Finished making the police lights and installing them on the roof and added the tail pipes out the rear. Gave it a primer coat to see any pits I missed and see a few, so will fix those today, touch up the primer and it should be ready for painting.

Again being mostly black should not take long to paint it...... once I decide on the scheme I want to use.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Steve J

toxicpixie

Cor, and that was a Landrover a week ago!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Terry37

The pits have been filled, , the putty filed and the model re-sanded. I applied a new primer coat and tomorrow will start painting it.

I have also finally decided on a color scheme that will give me the traditional American "Black and White" of a police cruiser, but also one that seems to the vehicle.

I will have different markings on it, but  this will give you an idea of how it's going to sort-of look.

More to follow,

Terry

ronan

Quote from: Terry37 on 20 June 2017, 04:27:43 PM
Finished making the police lights and installing them on the roof and added the tail pipes out the rear. Gave it a primer coat to see any pits I missed (...)

Wonderful job !
=D>

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Terry37

Moving on and have started the base coats. Would have posted earlier, but it rook 9 coats of white to cover before I could paint the black. I use very thin coats of paint and prefer doing multiple coats as it seems to help alleviate the brush strokes.

This will give you an idea of how it's going to look, but still some final squaring up and the detailing to do before it will be ready for the decals. I also had to wait until this point to order the decals because I wasn't sure what sizes I needed.

More to follow,

Terry

d_Guy

Definitely an amazing transformation, Terry. Continue to be impressed with your patient and skillful work.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Wow Terry, it's going to look great.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno