Time Cast Brits

Started by Sunray, 05 June 2017, 05:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Time Cast have launched 1980s BAOR infantry.  Stout looking chaps, and would be compatible with Pendraken Falkland Brits.

Two figures took my eye: 1st the BR8 - a plucky chap kneeling with the "sixty-six"- well animated sculpt. The 66mm has had a new lease of life in the Afghan as it is cheap and cheerful and can demolish a mud hut at decent range.  In 1980s firefight it will take out WP  APCs and Scout vehicles.  By that era the practice was to fire in volley at a tank in the hope you would damage optics or a track.  Designers should add an SLR or SMG to the figure. The sixty six was never a personal weapon.

2nd is the GPMG in sustained [sic] fire role - the gunner is in a oddly uncomfortable stooping position (I would hazard a guess that none of the design team ever served in Support Company?- (You Intel boys had an easy life Barrie) Try how long you can  stoop before the lumbar muscles scream.  Most GPMG gunners I knew had rolled up poncho bum pad to sit on when the Gimp-ge stock was removed and was being played was in orchestral mode.  You might stoop as depicted if you were the NCO and checking the Viper, CWS or C2 sight which maximises the 1,800 meter reach.

I do like the support  weapons in packs of four ! And the addition of FOMCF  is well considered.  Perhaps I might be so bold to recommend this good practice to Pendraken ?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

They are very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!