North Africa - Gazala May 1942

Started by Dr Dave, 04 June 2017, 05:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Dave

04 June 2017, 05:47:43 PM Last Edit: 04 June 2017, 06:53:18 PM by Dr Dave

http://s887.photobucket.com/user/drdavejames/library/?sort=3&page=1

Had a cracking game yesterday - only a few Pendraken in this pic I fear - just as well since their Vickers MMGs played havoc with Jerry's Infantry. 8th Pz Regt were pretty roughly handled as well. A clear British Victory!

We used BKC2 with a few mods:
1. smaller arty zones as per the optional rules at the back
2. we kept barrages on for a turn and treated them as a -1 cover feature AND anyone who entered them got attacked - a bit like really bad smoke!
3. The kept hits on
4. hits could be removed by a successful command roll, but only one hit per unit per successful roll
5. Recce could communicate with ANY command unit within 60cm as opposed to the nearest one - they do have radios!

ttfn,

Dave

The piccy inserty thingy link to photobucket hasn't worked!

Smoking gun

Hopefully this is the correct link:

Nicely painted force, I have a lot of respect for anyone who can paint caunter camouflage.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

sunjester

d_Guy

Not my period but looking very good. Nice work. I like the way you have done your desert terrain.  :-bd
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Dr Dave

Quote from: Smoking gun on 05 June 2017, 10:20:37 AM
Hopefully this is the correct link:

Thank You!

And thanks for the comments. I should have added: we used reduced deviation as well, only 2 d6 regardless of distance, reduced to 1 if the observer was higher than the target.

The "terrain" is simply sand veltrim off ebay. It's car / van lining stuff. It comes as a fabric roll about 4-5mm thick. I simply sprayed lighter sand and earth patches over it. The "hills" are veltrim as well, but might need "thickening up"?

Techno

Looking good, Doc !

Cheers - Phil.

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: Dr Dave on 05 June 2017, 06:00:28 PM
The "terrain" is simply sand veltrim off ebay. It's car / van lining stuff. It comes as a fabric roll about 4-5mm thick. I simply sprayed lighter sand and earth patches over it. The "hills" are veltrim as well, but might need "thickening up"?

The sand and earth sprays are very effective

Remember that a lot of the 'hills' and 'ridges' in the desert were only tens of feet high so they may not need too much thickening up
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

I agree with Paul, think the hills look proportionally correct.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!

toxicpixie

That looks superb - great game :)

Seconded on leaving the hills, it's representative and it works in play so I wouldn't fiddle :D

If it was a "true LoS" game where if your model can see it, it can shoot it, then I might...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Smoking gun

Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Itinerant Hobbyist