Hello from New Zealand

Started by Rupert of hentzau, 28 May 2017, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert of hentzau

Hello folks,

I have gravitated from a lurker to a member, and just working on my first order to send of to Pendraken.
This forum is sure a great resource for LOA and WSS.

Cheers Bryan
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

28 May 2017, 09:30:12 AM #2 Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 09:48:20 AM by fsn
What ho! Rupert!

Always nice to see someone of the officer class lifting the quality of this rabble, though, I would question your direction of travel - lurker to member? This is a slope that goes down, Sir, and irredeemably.

Take Westmarcher for example. He was a kind father, nice to animals, gave to charity - a respected pillar of the community. Then he joined the forum. Now he locks himself away in a darkened room and mumbles about base sizes and impetus factors. He doesn't recognise his children unless they dress as Grenadiers of Savoy, and has a police records for badger molesting. To be fair, his favourite brush had just given up the ghost and he had some dragoons requiring harness painted.  

Lemmey is another sad case. Gave many years in the teaching profession, then decided to introduce wargames as part of a history lesson. Sent home after reducing an 11 year old girl to tears for inappropriate use of recce troops. Took the Renaissance in a big way and now spends his time nailing pages from BKCII onto church doors.

Me? Oh, it's a less glamorous story. I moved to Runcorn - think the worst of Dickens with tasers - and there's been a slow decline. Partly due to the chemicals from the local factory in the air, and the odd taste of the water.

Still, in the forum, I and many like us have found a network of the like minded, a support group if you will.

Welcome.    
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Welcome to the forum as an "active" member.....I'm sure you know us all a little already.

If you are round the Hutt Club or the Wellington Warlords you will probably have seen Paul R myself and a few others pushing our various 10mm armies round the table.....we are not hard to spot....please do come and say hello  ;)

We're putting on a Early WW1 game on at Call to Arms in August using 10mm Pendraken figures.....based on the action at Elouges on the Second day of the battle of Mons........"The Cavalry will charge - yeah right!"

Cheers
Peter
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Techno

A very warm welcome, Bryan.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mollinary

Welcome, Bryan. If LoA and WSS are your area of interest, you have come to the right company and the right forum.

Enjoy!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Welcome to the active forum, Brian who is called Rupert.

As a former lurker you will require no warnings concerning the eccentricities of the place - it is both glorious and insane.

One point - fsn is actually the offspring of an Atari game system and a TRS-80 (with expansion interface) which achieved sentience in a Runcornian scrap heap in early 1989 (although some debate the date). It/he/her apparently imprinted on a tractor tread and broken drainpipe and has been obsessed with AFV's  of WW2 since "birth".

I cite as my reference "The Proceedings of the Spontaneous Intelligence Society" [Vol 2: pp 14 - 17, Spring, 1992].
It is behind a paywall but well  worth the read.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Welcome Rupert.

I will refrain from calling you Bryan lest the rest of the forum all start to claim " I am Brian" or suggest that your not the messiah but " A very naughty boy"

I can recommend the WSS figures they are good sculpts and easy to paint.  especially for me as my painting looks like I use a 1 inch brush. 

Cheers

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Welcome Rupert :-h

Orcs, I really do use a one inch brush, but only for the final dry brush
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

Hello Bryan

If you are ever up in the Bay of Islands give me a shout, LoA is a great period :-)

Whangerei is the nearest club to me and there are a couple of us 10mm bods about.

Cheers
Ian

Leon

Hi Bryan, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!