BBB Pyongyang 1894

Started by KTravlos, 25 May 2017, 10:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTravlos

I have created a draft scenario for the Battle of Pyong-yang of the 1st Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895. The rules are Bloody Big Battles. You can find the scenario either at the BBB Yahoo Group file section ,or one my blog. If you wish to read about this war you can download the collected posts on the 1st Sino-Japanese War theme of the 19th Century Warfare and Wargaming Facebook Group. You can found these either in the files section of the group or on my blog (click on the page tab).

https://phdleadhead.blogspot.com.tr/p/rules-iii-russo-ottoman-war-of-1877.html

Enjoy
KTravlos

Leman

Just been reading about that war, Konstantinos, and watching some reconstructed film scenes on YouTube. Do you have any ideas for proxies for the Chinese? The Japanese are fairly straightforward, including 1866 Saxons, which are quite useful.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

KTravlos

For the Huei/Beiyang Army, any turbaned infantry in 10mm would not be too amiss. So I would look at English Colonial troops for the Sudan, Sikhs or Sepoys in turbans (RA4, NW2, though the beards are issues). Officers etc are harder to get and you would probably need to modify. Probably any 19th century officers mounted in greatcoat or long coat would be a good base. Guns would be Krupps (from any of the 1870s-1880s ranges). Cavalry is harder. I would probably use a mix of Ottoman 1877 Cavalry, Cossack in fur hats, Mongol cavalry (Mon1,Mon2).

To be frank none of these work well. You might also look at other 10mm ranges. But from what I know nobody makes proper 17th-19th century Chinese. The lack of an interest in the massive Ming-Manchu war is a major hamper.

Leman

Thanks for the reply Konstantinos. You never know, this may spark something.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!