Cheers - Phil

paulr

Thoughts with all those suffering
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Thoughts with all those caught up in this, especially those who cannot locate loved ones and find out if they are ok.

I think the media nee to be more pro-active in reporting the support offered by the various individual Muslims and Muslim groups, and their condemnation of the attack.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Westmarcher

As a father of two daughters whom I have often picked up at the end of concerts, I echo these sentiments. Plus, all too easy to get caught up in the hate after yet another outrage and forget where we might be without those Muslims who are peaceful and good hearted and are equally outraged by events like this.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Quote from: skywalker on 23 May 2017, 12:35:03 PM
The worrying thing is it could fan the flames of racism and normal friendly muslins could get targeted in the backlash.

Which is precisely what these cowardly scum hope for since a society that values freedom of thought and diversity of opinion is anathema to these vicious and evil  cockroaches. Our prayers for all those touched by this tragedy.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Kiwidave

Quote from: FierceKitty on 23 May 2017, 10:02:15 AM
Shared experience from our side. Some bastard bombed a hospital here yesterday. :(

And sadly didn't make the news as it didn't affect 'the West' :(

FierceKitty

To call them cowardly is to miss the point. Murder is not justified even if carried out with heroic courage. 
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

If murder is justified we call it something else.

Most human legal systems judge murder in degrees, considering intent, premeditation, the nature of the act and the nature of the victim.

But I concede that the victims are no less dead nor the suffering of the living no less profound if the adjectives used to describe the perpetrator (or the adverbs applied to the act)  are changed.

Truthfully I remain angry and sorrowful that these things are done in this world, anywhere in this world.
Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

With you on all that.

ronan

Quote from: Kiwidave on 24 May 2017, 02:39:25 AM

+1

paulr

The take over of Marawi City in the Philippines by IS 'aligned' militants, the killing of about 12 people so far and the declaration of martial law in the southern third of the country has also had limited coverage in the 'western' media :(
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Kiwidave on 24 May 2017, 02:39:25 AM

Less efficient, fortunately, but about twenty wounded. Bad enough. The junta is conveniently saying this may require a further postponement of elections (for what they mean here  :-w),

toxicpixie

So I read it might be a split within the junta as opposed to "3rd party terrorism"? The Thai army hospital bombing, that is, not the Philippines!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

You may be seeing more key news about my adopted country than we're getting here. Things are going steadily backwards.

toxicpixie

That was conjecture, as I read it, but plausible. I'd say I dunno, I'm thousands of miles off, but like you say...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting