I hate colonialism.

Started by FierceKitty, 22 May 2017, 10:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Not for the usual PC reasons, but because my better half is practising muay Thai on my donkey (as it were). 17th lancers and 54th Hampshire foot have been overrun, 42nd Highlanders are out of ammo, and the rest of my foot are pinned down in square. :(

Following a brief break, the Scots Greys have been overwhelmed by Ansar camel-riders too. Queen Victoria will be getting bad news over Her kippers tomorrow.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Remember that the public don't like 2 disasters in one day, it upsets them over their cornflakes.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Hmmm, not sounding good for the brave Brits...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Serves 'em right for sticking their noses in all over the place and leaving us to clear up the mess.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

22 May 2017, 01:25:59 PM #5 Last Edit: 22 May 2017, 01:28:26 PM by FierceKitty
A few shots. The Mahdist morale broke up and they retreated, but leaving an imperial force with no prospect but retreat as well.

FierceKitty

The idea was to dismount, shoot up the Fuzzies a bit, then remount and charge. NOT to be charged on foot.

FierceKitty

22 May 2017, 01:29:46 PM #7 Last Edit: 22 May 2017, 01:32:43 PM by FierceKitty
Our right held up well; squares are mundane things, but they held together and caused steady losses. Meanwhile the rough, tough, jolly sailor-men, reeking of rum, tar, and parrots, and rotten with pox and scurvy, broke a critical two Mahdist units.

Lee says she'll remember to keep an infantry reserve to handle squares in future.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 May 2017, 10:41:33 AM
... practising muay Thai on my donkey...

Sound like something from a rap tune.

Decent looking battle by the way.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Nice piccies !!

Cheers - Phil.

sunjester

Great looking battle. I hope the result doesn't cause the Empress of India to choke on her toast at breakfast.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

To quote Kate Hubbard:
Her breakfasts she would have taken on her own. She had a private dining room close to her bedroom. When Albert was alive, she would have eaten her breakfast with Albert and maybe with one of her children, but probably not, probably just with Albert. She tended to have a very protein-rich breakfast: tongue, fowl they called it -- chicken, kidneys maybe, bacon and eggs, that kind of thing.

Womble67

Some nice pictures

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 22 May 2017, 06:35:58 PM
To quote Kate Hubbard:
Her breakfasts she would have taken on her own. She had a private dining room close to her bedroom. When Albert was alive, she would have eaten her breakfast with Albert and maybe with one of her children, but probably not, probably just with Albert. She tended to have a very protein-rich breakfast: tongue, fowl they called it -- chicken, kidneys maybe, bacon and eggs, that kind of thing.
So she liked a bit of tongue with Albert at breakfast ......... hmmmmm.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!