North & South Korean sculpts for the new Korean War range!

Started by Leon, 21 May 2017, 11:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Coo....I just deactivated and reactivated my account.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

knoe501

Quote from: Techno on 29 May 2017, 07:36:07 AM
Welcome, knoe.  :-h

Cheers - Phil.

Thanks Phil.

I'm always looking for Post WWII items.  Trying to be patient awaiting the Korean sculpts....   

--Kenny

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 May 2017, 08:40:22 PM
Seriously!

Yes, Will.
I had to because of having to change my email addy.  X_X

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Welcome Mr 501.

Nice to see you darting in and scoring a bullseye with the Korean range. I have a squadron of Centurions facing a very nervous troop of T34/85s, all waiting for some infantry support. I think the range may double or treble with the influx of Brits, Yanks and Chinese, though my requested Bulgarian MASH unit seems a way off.  :-

These first offerings seem a bit useful, and could probably do for about 180 different roles: Bay of Pigs, Cubans in Angola, South American revolutions, and 177 others.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. If you get a bit bored of modern, there's plenty else - pike and musket, sword and shield, slings and arrows - to keep a chap amused. As for the members - as joyous as a barrel of monkeys.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: knoe501 on 29 May 2017, 10:51:33 PM
Thanks Phil.

I'm always looking for Post WWII items.  Trying to be patient awaiting the Korean sculpts....   

--Kenny

Rumour Control has it that the Korean range will be a slow burner with releases beginning the end of the summer and (generally) following the trend of the popularity poll.  Keep voting for 41 Royal Marine Commando!  :-bd

I have mitigated to Leon the need to add a RoK BAR gunner in cap (makes up the squad)  and another Blurp SMG figure in cap to the Commies.
A number of the support weapons are already out there, so it a matter of crew only.

Rules.. Sore point on this forum, but when the smoke has cleared we will have a download BKC supplement that amongst other things, corrects the low scores  of the late Sherman when mixing it with T34/85.

Sunray

I have just received Pendraken WW2 bush hatted figures - I presume designed for Far East/Burma (the range Pendraken and other makers forgot?)

BRF19 is rifle and in a slouch hat similar to Korea

BRF20 sten and BRF21 bren are in Aussie style hat with brim turned up.

All needed is HMG and mortars for Korea ?

Leon

Quote from: knoe501 on 28 May 2017, 11:09:29 PM
Crew served Recoiless Rifle.   Please

Keep an eye on this section of the Forum over the weekend then...   ;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave

Quote from: Leon on 20 July 2017, 11:32:20 PM
Keep an eye on this section of the Forum over the weekend then...   ;)

I cann't wait to see FSN exicitment  :-* it will be like a love child between us :(

Dave

fsn

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 29 May 2017, 08:27:05 PM
 But I am off planet, at the moment . 8-} 8-} 8-}

Cheers - Phil

As opposed to FSN who is "away with the fairies"  ( the kind  that live at the bottom of the garden)

Excellent figures Phil
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Thanks, Mark !

I'll be off planet again in the next half hour or so....I like these new tablets for the way they help with my back (to a certain extent)....But they do tend to scramble Mr Brain sometimes.
Lucky I can make soldiers on auto pilot.  :D

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

What did I miss?

Just been away with Tinkerbelle and Buttercup, and may I say, after a few sips of a brew they call "forest night", those girls can really party.

Pretty magical evening, in fact.