Made a new board!

Started by petercooman, 21 May 2017, 01:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Good stuff - surprised how flat the cardboard has remained. Is the depth of water necessary or could you get extra beach by robbing space from the water?

petercooman

I will be using the water to park my landing crafts. I made some from junior general in paper. Also as mentioned above, when ignoring the water I have a 2x2 board. Perfect for SOBH or flying lead in a smaller scale using 15mm measurements.

The cardboard is really sturdy. It was used as a divider in a crate between two heavy objects (roughly 350 kg each). Came out almost intact. Just a few dents on the side. Very little warping, but by painting the other side it just warped straight back!

d_Guy

I like the board, Peter. Painting in the basic terrain seems to me to be a highly underrated approach. Like that you could simply repaint for low tide.

Considering the obstacles you put in front of the invasion force that would be some serious platoon that could reach the back line in one move! How strong is the OpFor?

Incidently, I have had some issues painting cardboard or foamcore and having the painted side warp up. Maybe painting both sides (as you have done) is the answer?

Oops - between you and Norm - this last question appears answered - will try both sides next time!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

petercooman

Well it's not how strong the force is, it's their speed ruleswise. Like I made it now, they will need 2 and a half moves to clear that beach. Sounds reasonable and gives the defender a chance.

To give you an idea about the board, here is a picture of the cardboard togheter with a 16 mm die:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looks very effective from here
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 May 2017, 04:01:00 PM
It looks excellent.

Not if you are being asked to attack it, it doesn't.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Just deployed the defenders. Think the British will not like it either 😃

petercooman

Well, that didn't go well. Guess normandie will remain in German hands a bit longer!

Will post the pics etc tomorrow. I have to be up in 5  ???