HOTT Post Apocalyptic Armies

Started by Terry37, 19 May 2017, 04:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

This is just kind of a heads up to a new project I am undertaking - that of creating 4 post apocalyptic armies based mainly from various movies/TV for basic ideas, but also some books I've read on the subject.  I won't be starting until I finish up the last few elements for my Weird WWI German army and get it based, which should also allow for some additional bits I have coming form Leon for the vehicles I'll be doing.

The 4 armies are:

Road Warriors - think of the bad guys in all he Mad Max movies, as far as the figures having a very punk rock appearance, and of course some fun vehicle conversions.

The Law - taking as much as possible from Mad Max, but also from just how I envision the Law might still be in a post apocalyptic state that still retained some semblance of civilization.  Planning a patrol car, a SWAT van and a motorcycle here. And of course a Gyro-Copter made from a motorcycle figure.

The Survivors - Think of the  guys in the "gazoline" compound in the  second Mad Max movie, but also some bits from the movie The Postman. No vehicles for them, but plenty of horses.

The Creepers - Think of the bad guys in I am Legend, and the look of the War Boys in mad max Fury Road - bald heads, whitish skin, simple hand weapons, teeth and claws. City dwellers from the ruins of once great cities or towns!

All of my vehicles will be from Pendraken, and all will be very altered, to reflect a post apocalyptic wasteland, and the figures (15 MM ) will be primarily from Rebel with the creepers coming from Splintered Light. And yes, I will have both a figure of Max and Dog from the second film, and Michonne from TWD. I may also add Darryl with his crossbow, also from TWD. Max will be in the Law army, and Michonne and Darryl will be in the Survivor army.

Very much looking forward to these armies, and the opportunity to create some very unique and awesome car beasts!!! Hopefully soon!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Mutante! Mutante! Mutante!

Just a good reference for ideas -
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Terry37

Of course there's mutants - the Creepers are the mutants. Plus they will also get some feral dogs. Later if I find enough info to support a really mutant army I'll add that one too. Part of the beauty of HOTT - armies only require a few figures, so working up armies doesn't usually take much.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

d_Guy

Terry, I think these are going to be pretty cool to see as you begin to build them.

Mutants seemed to be heavily emphasized in Mad Max: Fury Road (a movie my wife and I both liked - amazing action with very limited CGI).
I'm not sure it they were featured much in the original two movies?

And completely off topic for Terry:

Caerbannog (wearing camo) was again lurking around my driveway last night.

Sleep with clean hands ...

Terry37

Thanks all, and Bill, there's always room here for lagomorphs anytime!

It is going to  be a very fun project.

Terry