tonight we played: flying lead

Started by petercooman, 17 May 2017, 11:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Had a bit of fun with my new city tiles. Made a harbour scene with some buildings occupied by some criminals, and sent in a police team to smoke them out. Not doing an AAR, just wanted to share some pics of my new setup!

Started with all buildings nicely defended, but in the end the police proved better, succeeding in their mission, but they did lose two membetrs of their team:

Was a good game, and worked well on my small kitchen table. Tiles do their job remarkably!

Ithoriel

Very good looking set-up.

The tiles are very effective. Who makes them?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

They are from the d&d essential line. They had 3 master sets. The wilderness, the dungeon and the city. These are the city tiles.

Techno

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 18 May 2017, 06:54:21 AM
Nice !

Cheers - Phil

Thanks Phil!

Also Ithoriel, should mention that the tiles are printed on both sides. Backsides have a sewer system on them, and an outer city wall.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

petercooman

Techno

Sorry !

That was somewhat childish from yours truly.  :-[
Glad it made you laugh though, Peter.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

sunjester

It looks very effective. I always prefer 3d terrain, but the cost, and storage space required, means it's not practical for everything. This is a nice alternative.

petercooman

Quote from: sunjester on 19 May 2017, 09:47:11 AM
It looks very effective. I always prefer 3d terrain, but the cost, and storage space required, means it's not practical for everything. This is a nice alternative.

I prefer 3d as well, but this is for having smaller footprint games (with square movement).it's for those days where I have a spare hour and want something fast.