1914 Project: Pendraken, Kallistra and Magister Millitum

Started by streetgang, 20 February 2017, 08:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Anyway, getting back to the main point, there's quite a height difference, especially if you take into account the thickness of the base.

Poor wee Pendraken fellows, quite diddy compared to the Kallistra heafers.

I bought some Kallistra siege stuff, but abandoned the crew as being too Herculean to set alongside my Pendraken fellows.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Streetgang, thanks for posting the figure comparisons. These are incredibley helpful to have in the forum database. It would be nice to have a category to post them in put most of us lack thread discipline. Happily the search feature frequently finds them

Usually I share fsn's aversion to prone or kneeling figures but the LoA kneeling musketeer is the exception. Looks really good as a kneeling front rank.

I ha'int got no accent.

Once in southern Wales a guy (I think it was a guy) said to me: " yo'kin grub ta buk an brack som'it" (or words to that effect) - we were in a petrol station at the time with a large Volvo station wagon (if that helps with context).
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fsn

;D ;D ;D ;D Yers ... well that's Welsh humour for you. "Brack som't". Very good.

I have no antipathy to sculpts in a kneeling pose per se. I just find them somewhat odd when leading a column down a road, and would rather see advancing or marching figures.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

toxicpixie

Quote" yo'kin grub ta buk an brack som'it"

The sounds more Black Country! But then it'd all be run together if it was, I guess... and preceeded by an "Awww".

"Awwwwwyo'kingrubtabukanbracksom'itourbab, loike".
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Whatever it is.....It don't (sic) sound Welsh.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

fsn

It may not sound Welsh, but it has been filtered through d_Guy.

I can't think of any Welsh equivilents, but I give you Scottie in Star Trek, Mel Gibson in Braveheart and dear old Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

Ayways, it sound a bit North Welsh.

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 18 May 2017, 11:23:57 AM
Anyways, it sound a bit North Welsh.

My first thought was a Scottish burr....But I'll take your word for that, Nobby.  :)

Cheers - Phil