Bloody Wars and Dread Diseases

Started by DanJ, 15 May 2017, 02:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanJ

Have I missed some small but bloody scrap recently, has cholera swept through the mess, or has a senior officer passed away on a warm tide of claret and whisky?

I only ask because I suddenly seem to attained command of a battalion!

If it's not some hideous mistake by the pay clerk then a pint of Absinthe for all!

d_Guy

Congratulations! I would like an IC light (Iron City Light beer)

Your lucky to get a command - I got shunted off to make sure kit labels in some armory in the back of beyond were properly formed and correctly attached!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

grahambeyrout

Congratulations, I suspect I might get a stripe sometime in 2021

Ithoriel

Congratulations that man! Well deserved promotion, no doubt!

Your post has alerted me to my own recent and entirely unnoticed (at least by me) promotion.

There must have been either a bloody war or a sickly season :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Quote from: grahambeyrout on 15 May 2017, 02:53:25 PM
Congratulations, I suspect I might get a stripe sometime in 2021

Make a bazillion inane posts (as I have done) and you'll rise rapidly!
(Of course doing it  that way means you'll  never get a meaningful command!  ;D)

Ithoriel - congrats! A total cascade of stars (or pips, crowns, and batons). Another IC light please.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: DanJ on 15 May 2017, 02:16:33 PM
Have I missed some small but bloody scrap recently, has cholera swept through the mess, or has a senior officer passed away on a warm tide of claret and whisky?
Congratulations Dan and Ithorial.
Think we still have the senior officers, but Techno is being rebuilt as we speak!.
Mine's an absinthe and black. Heavy on the black, ice, no lemon, plenty of water, hold the absinthe - as far away from me as possible!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Congratulations, Dan ! :-bd

(Don't know when my rebuild will be finished.....Still waiting for some gizmo to be delivered by courier.  :P ;))

Cheers - Phil.

(Hey.....When did I overtake Sir ?)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

urbancohort

I've been desperately submitting posts with all the intellectual vigour of a 1970s Radio 1 DJ but not yet earned my Second Pip.

Isn't there some course I can go on to get accelerated preferment?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

DFlynSqrl

Congrats! 

I recently made Captain, so the enlisted will make an effort to pretend to listen to me, the Non-comms will still change my orders to something that makes sense, but at least I can order some LTs around now!

sunjester

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Congrats DFS, need I say - IC lite.