Before I forget....

Started by Techno, 14 May 2017, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Thanks to EE..... I've got to change my email addy, at the end of this month. (EE have decided to 'kill' all the old email addys they inherited from Orange etc.)

I'll probably send out individual emails to let those that already have my addy....(There's always Personal Messaging if I'm a bit slow)...I don't really like the idea of 'mailing to all'...and effectively giving out other folks' addys.

More soon.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Use BCC and no one else gets it...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

At the risk of sounding even more computer illiterate than usual...What's BCC, Will ?

(Something I've never used, it would appear.  :-[)

Cheers - Phil

Techno

S' OK...

I know what it is, now.  :D

Cheers - Phil.

paulr

At least you knew not to send to all and give out everyone's email addresses

More than one government employee has made that mistake
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Next question.

My hotmail and gmail accounts are currently set, so that if I forget my password, at the moment they will contact my soon to be 'deceased' email.

What is that particular (soon to be deceased) email called......Not the 'default', is it ? :-\....I'm going to have to change a few things, and I don't want to b*gger it up.  X_X

Cheers - Phil. (Probably be safer if I pay someone to come round to do the changes. =))

Dr Dave

Quote from: Techno on 14 May 2017, 08:54:02 AM
At the risk of sounding even more computer illiterate than usual...What's BCC, Will ?

(Something I've never used, it would appear.  :-[)

Cheers - Phil

With one system using a bcc, if you get a message and then click reply all, even if you're the only recipient, you CAN then see all who were bcc'd!

Orcs

Phil,

BCC stands for "Blind Carbon Copy".  I amsure you remember using carbon paper to give a duplicate copy, of a receipt etc.  In those days a blind carbon copy was one that you sent to one  or more recipients - They were the ones "CC" in and were aware of each other. The person whio got the BCC was aware of everyone but only he and the sender knew that he knew.

Orcs
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

Ta. I didn't know this either.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.