Carronade 2017, Falkirk - Photos

Started by Ithoriel, 13 May 2017, 07:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

I've dumped my photos onto photobucket, link below. It's just camera phone stuff but hopefully of interest.

Where I could find something, I've taken shots of the explanation of what's being represented and who's putting the game on.

Click Here For The Pictures
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

A prodigious amount of photographs, Mike!  =D>

I attended for the first time (previous years' shows forestalled by illness or critical end of season football matches - that's soccer to you, d_guy) and was most impressed. I recognised a few faces from the wargaming community (both local and worldwide), spoke to Dave (who, to my surprise, was not in Normandy as I imagined - going next Wednesday) whilst making my obligatory Pendraken purchase, spoke to a few others (known and previously unknown), and had the pleasure of meeting one James Duncan, Esquire (nice figures you bought there, Jim). All things considered, a good show and definitely one to try to include in the diary next year.   :-bd

p.s. 'Somehow' avoided missed Ithoriel again.  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 13 May 2017, 07:03:18 PM

I've dumped my photos onto photobucket, link below. It's just camera phone stuff but hopefully of interest.

Take that mans name and say thank you.

Well done Mike, looks like I missed a few games which might have tickled my fancy.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Norm

Thank you - some nice tables and games going on there. Interested to see the hexed game with the high (bocage) hedging at the roadside, that had been nicely handled and the table looked a bit less 'hexy' than is typical.

jimduncanuk

13 May 2017, 08:42:00 PM #4 Last Edit: 13 May 2017, 08:58:32 PM by jimduncanuk
The Crann Tara figures are amongst the nicest on the show circuit.

I have a few already so now I have a few more.

Quote from: Westmarcher on 13 May 2017, 08:18:26 PM

I attended for the first time (previous years' shows forestalled by illness or critical end of season football matches - that's soccer to you, d_guy) and was most impressed. I recognised a few faces from the wargaming community (both local and worldwide), spoke to Dave (who, to my surprise, was not in Normandy as I imagined - going next Wednesday) whilst making my obligatory Pendraken purchase, spoke to a few others (known and previously unknown), and had the pleasure of meeting one James Duncan, Esquire (nice figures you bought there, Jim). All things considered, a good show and definitely one to try to include in the diary next year.   :-bd

Yes, I was surprised to see Dave too.

I also made an obligatory Pendraken purchase, see my blog.

And the pleasure was all mine.

Roll on Claymore.

My Ego forbids a signature.

paulr

Thanks Ithoriel, some interesting games :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Thanks for sharing those, Mike.  :)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

14 May 2017, 12:01:19 PM #7 Last Edit: 14 May 2017, 12:19:11 PM by petercooman
Strangely, the link gives me: Sorry, an unexpected error occurred.

Seems like photobucket is down. Can't upload my pics for my batrep.

d_Guy

Thanks Ithoriel!
As I don't get to these sorts of things much, very much enjoyed pawing through the pics.
I also appreciated you taking photos of the explanatory signs (as you have done before, I think)

I don't spend much time on the modern stuff but looked at many pictures in detail.
The very first had Brienne if Tarth fighting for Margaret of Anjou, nice!
Also liked the one (Fecken Grahams) doing warfare on the borders with a very impressive Holdfast.

And Weste, thanks for the translation courtesy. If more people did this I would not have any ever expanding list (324 now, I think) of words, idioms, proper names and geographical references that have little meaning to me. It was 325 but Leman's cryptic reference to Nottingham got cleared up recently.
Sleep with clean hands ...

DFlynSqrl

petercooman

Can see them now. That madrid table looks great!!!

Thanks for the pics!