BKC - III -> publishing different versions depending on scale played?

Started by BeeKiller, 12 May 2017, 09:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeKiller

Hello all,

taking profit of the re-editing of BKC-3 rules, do you find feasible to electronically publish different versions of the PDF depending on the scale played?

I purchased the PDF version of BKC-3, and I expect to get the revised version after the summer. In the meanwhile I think it will be "relatively easy" to build the new version using distances as a variable, and then just substituting the variable by the appropiate scale value.

On the other hand, if all the distances appear on the summary sheet, and on the army list, the "scale dependent publishing" will only affect that part, which in turn may be sold as a separate electronic PDF.

We are a few collegues which really enjoy BKC-2 (and 3) using 15mm figures. I think this rule set has A LOT of potential on the 15mm realm.

Regards

Bee

Techno

Sorry, Bee.....I can't answer that....But as that was your first post.....
A very warm welcome to the forum.

Cheers - Phil

NTM

I found BKC2 played just fine in15mm without changing anything.

Smoking gun

We played BKC2 in 20mm by doubling the movement rates and all other distance measurements. Worked very well but you need a bigger table.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: Smoking gun on 13 May 2017, 06:36:34 AM
We played BKC2 in 20mm by doubling the movement rates and all other distance measurements. Worked very well but you need a bigger table.

Martin

Naw- you need 10mm Pendraken figures and vehicles - don't blame the friging table  :'(

Dr Dave

Quote from: NTM on 13 May 2017, 06:21:56 AM
I found BKC2 played just fine in15mm without changing anything.

Same here. An unbased 15mm tank is about the size of a based 10mm one - so we changed nothing. Works a treat.  :D

Albie Bach

You can get scaled up/down movement rates and ranges using the existing online Battlegroups builder for BKC II (the paid for version of the builder). I've tried it out of interest but never used it.
I assume that will be available for III too.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Smoking gun

Quote from: Sunray on 13 May 2017, 10:18:05 AM
Naw- you need 10mm Pendraken figures and vehicles - don't blame the friging table  :'(

In an ideal world you're correct but where I play the tables are big enough to accommodate the longer movement and range distances. The smallest table is 8 x 5 feet. :)

I and my usual gaming friends have been using 20mm for over 30 years, changing scales isn't that easy.

Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

BeeKiller

Don't you find when playing 15mm that the 20cm HQ radius is too narrow, so all units go like sheep everywhere, in order to not to be penalized by the -1?

Sunray

Quote from: Smoking gun on 14 May 2017, 08:01:50 PM
In an ideal world you're correct but where I play the tables are big enough to accommodate the longer movement and range distances. The smallest table is 8 x 5 feet. :)

I and my usual gaming friends have been using 20mm for over 30 years, changing scales isn't that easy.

Martin

Apologies for forum banter - indeed changing scales isn't easy.  We should get trade in on old white metal ! Seriously with the cost soaring, recycling could become viable - particularly unpainted ?  Welcome to this mad forum Martin !

lowlylowlycook

Quote from: Sunray on 15 May 2017, 09:37:56 AM
Apologies for forum banter - indeed changing scales isn't easy.  We should get trade in on old white metal ! Seriously with the cost soaring, recycling could become viable - particularly unpainted ?  Welcome to this mad forum Martin !

I'm pretty sure that Reaper has a program for trading in metal for credit at the Reapercon.   Sadly Texas is far, far away even by US standards.

petercooman

Quote from: Smoking gun on 14 May 2017, 08:01:50 PM

Martin

I'm at the other end of the barrier actually,  playing with 10 mm , but have a big amount of 1/72 models lying around. Problem is we all make our scenery in 10mm scale so using both is a bit annoying.

I still hang on to them though, maybe do some up for winter or desert scenarios. We don't have scenery for that so road is still open. Still would rather do 10 mm but it's a case of temporarily less hobby budget  and using what i have lying around. (i dropped to a part time job while the little one is too young for school so had to cut back a bit, no remorse though, great to spend some time with her)

the box: