Hotmail.

Started by Techno, 30 May 2017, 10:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Microsoft want every Hotmail account holder to change to 'Outlook'  Col. Bill Gray (Age of Eagles)  has had a considerable problems because of the number of people who eMail him re'. purchases every day he is also hgms1@hotmail.co.uk.
He has finaly sorted it outby having his outlook and Hotmail accounts linked.
I've put off dumping Micro Soft but they are insisting on their account password and the computer log on password (I used a Pin number). This I find rather stupid as if my laptop is stolen the thief  would onle have to find 1 password and he would have access to eMail and various companies that I deal with
so I'm looking for an option possibly Gmail,
Problem is they all want too much information, now my old club has started using facebook for contacting members and a lot of manufacturers are using it like a mailing list.
To save on paper I'm using sPad no need to recharge as the screen is a slate.
Regards

Mike L

Leman

I had been a fsmail user for years, then received an email saying it was closing on May 31st. I have therefore changed to gmail, but I am finding it rather clunky, especially as I have fibre broadband. Despite this most evenings (always evenings) I open my mailbox, look at the first email, then often get a little message which says "something is not right" (does Trump have something to do with gmail, as this strikes me as the sort of baby language he uses - bad things are happening to your mail?).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dragoon

That's odd
Whenever I get odd messages I look at my anti virus reports.

But then I'm paranoid

Who or where does the message originate from. Is it an email or a system message?
Are yo using Microsoft anti virus software?
Do you have a google account or just a gMail account ?
If that's possible In these days of aggressive marketing by the big companies.

Regards

Mike L

Leman

It's probably because I don't use microsoft - my search engine is safari.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 14 July 2017, 08:02:47 AM
I had been a fsmail user for years, then received an email saying it was closing on May 31st. I have therefore changed to gmail, but I am finding it rather clunky,

I'm not keen on gmail, either, Andy.

ONCE.....I though I'd managed to link the gmail a/c to livemail.....But that's gone 'poop' now....So I have to use this 'new' system.....I'm FAR too old for this shot (sic).

Cheers - Mr Stressed & Grumpy.  >:(

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Gmail is ok, as was yahoo mail until we got Win 10, they defo don't speak to each other well. It hangs, crashes and opens new pages on a regular basis...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021