Important cultural videos

Started by d_Guy, 05 May 2017, 07:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Not wishing to derail an important thread elsewhere I thought to share some cultural research for those, like me, weak in British Commonwealth based  entertainment:

This is a Sid James Laugh:

If there others that we former colonials should know about - please add.
Sleep with clean hands ...

toxicpixie

No, that about sums up the UK.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

Ah, English civilisation, the tradition that gave the world the Carry On series, Match of the Day, Saturday night down the Rat and Cockle, meat-an'-two-veg, Maggie Thatcher, and Page Three. No wonder they are universally admired!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

"The English are moral, the English are good
And honest and clever and misunderstood!" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You missed the best bit - "The English, the English are best, wouldn't give tuppence for all of the rest !"

IanS  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Oh you are awful!....but I like you.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

A Belgian friend of mine wanted to see what unique culture the U.K. Had produced, so we sat him down for an evening of Carry On films. His baffled reaction confirmed the stereotype of humourless Belgians. Or perhaps they're not actually very funny, but I can't believe casual sexism and lame double entendres couldn't be funny, couldnthey?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Sign at the camp gate:

All   asses Must  Be Shown

Arriving camper:
Where's the owner?

Response:
He's gone for a P.

(Lovingly rendered in "Carry on Camping."
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

The case for the prosecution rests, m'Lud.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.