new to 10mm.

Started by sigmar, 05 May 2017, 01:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Welcome, Sigmar. I also took the down-sizing route from 25/28 to the one true scale. Despite certain eccentricities and flights of fancy, the Forumites provide a sound knowledge base in every aspect of our hobby. Our hosts also produce an ever enlarging range of figures that takes days to explore! Enjoy!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leon

Hi Sigmar, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Norm

Welcome to the forum. This is a good year to get into 10mm, as over the last 6 months there has been a goodly amount of new commercial 10mm terrain items available.

JeffNNN

Quote from: Leman on 05 May 2017, 12:36:32 PM
Agree entirely. I am playing a HOW scenario this afternoon. In 28mm it is 6'x6' - my 10mm table this afternoon is 3'x3'. this is because HOW (published by Osprey) has play sheets for different scales. Personally I find the 10mm version on 20mm square bases too small, and instead use 25mm square bases, four base standard units and the 15mm play sheet. Even this is 50% smaller in scale than the 28mm version.

An earlier scenario game on 3'x2'
Love the battalion gun bases as part of these units.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The problem I find with 10mm is that you just do bigger battles.  Well that's my excuse :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson