BKC3 Army Lists - need for urgent review

Started by Superscribe, 30 April 2017, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superscribe

30 April 2017, 10:51:28 AM Last Edit: 30 April 2017, 11:48:50 AM by Superscribe
Having read through various posts its plain that there are a significant number of omissions, inconsistencies, errors and changes to the army lists in BKC3 to warrant much adverse comment from gamers. I am sure there will be more as other players start using the rules and draw comparisons to BKC2.

It is obvious that an errata list is not sufficient to address the problem as there are plainly more comments about army list issues in the various posts, than there are entries in the Errata list that was started!

Pendraken – this needs to be resolved urgently and invite you to comment in this post about what you propose to do to address the overall army list issue.

In my opinion there needs to be a review all army lists, perhaps start again with the list as published in BKC2 and then add the extra vehicles/weapons that are needed, rather than try and fix the overwhelming number of errors in the BKC3 rules.  The corrected army lists need to be issued as a free download for everyone.  Until then I am afraid that many are going to continue to use BKC2 army lists that have been in use for many years.

Thoughts from anyone else?

petercooman

Urgent? Life won't stop when we don't have it tomorrow.

I have a feeling it was urgency/rushed production that set up the problem in the first place.

Maybe we can get better results If time was taken to see what went wrong.

Dr Dave

Quote from: petercooman on 30 April 2017, 11:31:45 AM
Urgent? Life won't stop when we don't have it tomorrow.

I have a feeling it was urgency/rushed production that set up the problem in the first place.

Maybe we can get better results If time was taken to see what went wrong.

Agree, no rush. And I fear that it might be a mammoth task to do it properly, but "Slowly slowly catchy monkey!"

In the mean time I'll just play BKCII - it's that simple a problem to solve. I might even take a tiny bit of the vulnerable rule idea and use it as well. I'm really not sure what to do with BKCIII.

Ithoriel

Yes, I'd agree "more haste, less speed!"

I think it needs some time (and perhaps wider input into the lists?) to fix this.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

The only question from me right now (still don't have my copy), why were the unit profiles tweaked?

I understand the notes from BKCII were transformed into special rules, but that doesn't mean the stats have to change do they?

Astronomican

Superscribe, is it really necessary to spam other threads with the redirect to your thread?

Leon

We'll be responding on Monday evening to all the feedback so far.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!