Hello from Alberta Canada!

Started by GreatBrush, 29 April 2017, 04:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatBrush

Quote from: fsn on 29 April 2017, 07:41:02 AM
Hail Great Brush!

Sweeping statements from you there.

I won't pan your choices but you've left yards of really good stuff out of your list. WWII and post war for example. We're building up nicely with some post war stuff - Ferrets and the Centurion Bridgelayer - and we've been promised Foxes as well.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

.    Oh I have a copy of Team Yankee and CWC as well.  I have some flames of war as well but do t play it much.   Now if you guys do some African bush wars I'd be in

GreatBrush

Quote from: ianrs54 on 29 April 2017, 08:34:07 AM
Moaning, but aren't Canadians far to polite to hang around here ?

F@&k that Sh&t! Lol    I'm from Alberta we are the Texas of Canada lol.  ;)

GreatBrush

Quote from: T13A on 29 April 2017, 03:55:56 PM
Welcome GreatBrush

Many, many moons ago I spent 6 weeks at the British Army Training Unit Suffield, Alberta. Flew from Germany via Ganda, Newfoundland. Only to find out after about a week that I had chickenpox and spent a further week in isolation in hospital as the army was terrified that I would infect the 600 man battle group that they had sent out there at great expense. Still had a great time afterward in Calgary and then went up to Jasper and down the Rockies into Montana. Very fond memories.

Cheers and welcome again, Paul

Right on Paul.  I am from Calgary and spent most of the 90's in a reserve Unit called the Calgary Highlanders of which I was a third generation of my family to serve in that great unit. I know Suffer-field  all to well lol.  I remember being stuck out their once with a -60c wind chill fun right? Not always lol.  We chewed some of the same dirt!   Thank you for your welcome Paul and for your service.

GreatBrush

Thank you all for your warm welcomes!   Some cool cats on here.   

urbancohort

Hi Great Brush, only seen the airport at Calgary coming back from Vancouver but love Canada. Great to see you aboard. Ignore the others, they're all bleeding mad...

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

GreatBrush

Quote from: urbancohort on 02 May 2017, 08:50:27 PM
Hi Great Brush, only seen the airport at Calgary coming back from Vancouver but love Canada. Great to see you aboard. Ignore the others, they're all bleeding mad...

Our Airport is now a western hub   Second nearest a busiest is Colorado    I work near it and see some cool planes on occasion      As for the mental health aspect   We have to be nuts to paint tiny little metal soldiers! Lol

urbancohort

Quote from: GreatBrush on 03 May 2017, 01:35:26 AM

Our Airport is now a western hub   Second nearest a busiest is Colorado    I work near it and see some cool planes on occasion      As for the mental health aspect   We have to be nuts to paint tiny little metal soldiers! Lol
Hmmmm... you have a point there...

One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Belated hello and welcome.  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

skywalker

Welcome from the north of England and the home of Pendraken.
I had the pleasure of visiting Canada a couple of years ago. Started with a couple of days in Calgary, visiting the great armed forces museum, then I went to Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper before ending up in Vancouver.
This forum is a goldmine of useful information and witty banter.
You will enjoy it here  :-bd :-bd :-bd

GreatBrush

Quote from: skywalker on 03 May 2017, 12:37:48 PM
Welcome from the north of England and the home of Pendraken.
I had the pleasure of visiting Canada a couple of years ago. Started with a couple of days in Calgary, visiting the great armed forces museum, then I went to Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper before ending up in Vancouver.
You will enjoy it here  :-bd :-bd :-bd

It truly is a small world.  I am the Event Coordinator for said military museum!  I'm glad you enjoyed the Museum.  Lots of UK folks really dig it and we get lots of British forces guys who visit    I'm working on getting a regular gaming event set up at the museum

grahambeyrout

Welcome, I have been a member of the forum for a couple of months. I thought I was eccentric until then, but compared to this lot,..................

skywalker

The older gentleman at the reception desk looked like Dick Van Dyke and said that he was English by birth being born in Cornwall. He was very helpful even to the point of getting us a taxi to take us back into the center of town.
We really enjoyed the museum and the delights of the city. :D :D :D :D

FierceKitty

Quote from: skywalker on 03 May 2017, 12:37:48 PM

...and then there's Ian, of course.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

GreatBrush

Thanks for all the welcomes.   You guys are super cool    Got some Pendrakken stuff coming so will do up some pictures when they are ready