Hello from Alberta Canada!

Started by GreatBrush, 29 April 2017, 04:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatBrush

Thank you for the add to the forum.   I am really looking forward to painting up my first Pendraken figures soon Early WW1 British and Germans.    I am looking to make 10mm my go to scale for many of the periods I am interested in.  Such as WW1, ACW, AWI, Ancient and Medieval and Fantasy.  Rule sets I enjoy are  BKC2, KoW and Maurice

FierceKitty

You've left out only about two centuries of the five thousand or so of human history. Why not get the whole set?

Welcome aboard.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Hi GreatBrush,

welcome to the forum. It is by turns weird, wonderful, welcoming and wise*. There are those with much knowledge to share on particular historical periods, painting techniques, rulesets and more besides. I've found it a very pleasant place to spend time and hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have.

*Did I mention weird? :)  
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Welcome  :-h

You have already experienced 3 of Ithoriel's 4 "W"s, I'll leave you to determine which 3  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

A very warm welcome, GB !

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Welcome GB; 10mm does supply some excellent gaming opportunities, e.g. I currently use 10mm early WWI for Square Bashing.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Hail Great Brush!

Sweeping statements from you there.

I won't pan your choices but you've left yards of really good stuff out of your list. WWII and post war for example. We're building up nicely with some post war stuff - Ferrets and the Centurion Bridgelayer - and we've been promised Foxes as well.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Moaning, but aren't Canadians far to polite to hang around here ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Maybe this is a chance to learn a bit aboot them.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Welcome, GB, and also to 10mm!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

DFlynSqrl

Leman

Quote from: FierceKitty on 29 April 2017, 10:23:44 AM
Maybe this is a chance to learn a bit aboot them.
According to my impeccable source from Colorado they really like fart jokes.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

T13A

Welcome GreatBrush

Many, many moons ago I spent 6 weeks at the British Army Training Unit Suffield, Alberta. Flew from Germany via Ganda, Newfoundland. Only to find out after about a week that I had chickenpox and spent a further week in isolation in hospital as the army was terrified that I would infect the 600 man battle group that they had sent out there at great expense. Still had a great time afterward in Calgary and then went up to Jasper and down the Rockies into Montana. Very fond memories.

Cheers and welcome again, Paul
T13A Out!

GreatBrush

Quote from: FierceKitty on 29 April 2017, 05:00:09 AM
You've left out only about two centuries of the five thousand or so of human history. Why not get the whole set?

Welcome aboard.

Well these are just the periods I want to do I. 10mm.  I also play Warhammer 40,000, Age of Sigmar, Test of Honour and some Flames of War LOL.