Army List concerns

Started by Itinerant Hobbyist, 28 April 2017, 09:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

You know, about 15 minutes before you posted this, I  sent Leon a  pm to keep his chin up, that it's not the end of the world. I also said that I've been happy with everything I got from pendraken so far, and don't mind if something goes wrong with this.

Glad I'm not the only one seeing it like that.

We are all human, we can't be perfect all the time. We should learn from it, not get dragged down.

Ithoriel

I really like the Pendraken crew and their miniatures - nice people, nice toys to filch an idea from another outfit! :)

That said, I have played more games of BKC over the past 8 years than I have of all of the other tabletop games put together so I have a lot invested in the system. I awaited BKCIII with high hopes and baited breath.

Now I have it I am NOT HAPPY.

As a paying customer I think I am entitled to say I am not happy providing I restrict my expressions of unhappiness to the problems I have with the product and do not indulge in muck-slinging and ad hominem attacks. I hope I have achieved that.

My unhappiness is in large part around the impact this version might have on a product I like and also the possible knock-on effect that might have on Pendraken's ability to continue it's intended expansion of ranges. After all, I can continue to use BKCII so BKCIII's perceived flaws won't necessarily affect me at least in the short term.

I'm also puzzled as to how it got to this state given Pendraken's excellent record on customer service and customer involvement.

Maybe it will sell like hot cakes and Pendraken will go from strength to strength. In which case,"Urrah!" and more fool me.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Sorry if it came over that way, but I don't want you to keep your problems with bkc III to yourself
As I Said, we should learn from it, so the troubles NEED to be told! If they are not visible they can't be addressed!

Like you, most of my game time goes to BKC II, so I can understand how you feel.

What I meant to say in my last post was that we have to remember that we have always had the best device from Leon and Dave, and can probably expect the same in dealing we these issues.

sjb1001

Have always been really happy with Pendraken stuff - many hundreds of models and I also have loads of the Epsilon buildings that are great as well, always had great aftercare as well.

The issue here is the rules are simply not fit to purpose as released, I am amazed that the BCK-II data could not just have the special rules added to the notes section where they previously had numbered special rules. To have mixed it up like it has been is a bit confusing as the data were in the right periods and I assume in an editable format.

old smokie

QuoteHave always been really happy with Pendraken stuff - many hundreds of models and I also have loads of the Epsilon buildings that are great as well, always had great aftercare as well.

totally agree with sjb1001's comments,  :x the Pendraken stuff  :) :)

people need to calm down, its a set of rules ffs I am quite sure if every one chips in we can sort this to everyone's advantage. Those more knowledgeable could help also.

Leon and Dave need to be given a chance to fix the problems people are complaining about.

sjb1001

Yep - give the guys time, alternatively mail us all the Word files to do edits and re-up them and then watch the fur fly  :d.

cmuk

So I bought a pdf and the physical copy... I'm not so bothered that things have issues as its more important as to how there fixed.

For lists with multiple errors/omissions rather than release an Errata that I need to keep cross checking can you just redo the army list and release as a pdf? or make a v2 rule book available free to people who bought the original.

Tarty

All this fuss about army lists. Everyone knows that sticky bombs and the nazis driving around with their turret hatch open lost them the war.
"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel..."
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!