Town Stunned by New Laser Eye Surgery

Started by Westmarcher, 28 April 2017, 02:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

28 April 2017, 02:03:46 PM Last Edit: 28 April 2017, 02:10:40 PM by Westmarcher
I happened to be on the msn website today and noticed this headline regarding one of the small towns in the area, "Linwood left stunned by this new laser eye surgery," so off I went to find out and, sure enough, everyone was walking about in a daze, saying to their neighbours, "Did you see that new laser eye surgery?" and "Yes" would come the reply, "I am left stunned.'  :o

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon (or similar)?

:-\
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

What happened to the Tories? Was only the left thus affected?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Perhaps similar:
Once, a long time ago, I saw a town stunned by the introduction of an escalator (moving stairs) in the largest (two floors) department store.
So stunned that staff had to be positioned at top and bottom to instruct safe mounting and dismounting techniques.
Long lines (queues) formed to give it a go. It became routine after a week but opening day was definitely stunning.
Sleep with clean hands ...

JeffNNN

Quote from: d_Guy on 28 April 2017, 03:46:57 PM
Perhaps similar:
Once, a long time ago, I saw a town stunned by the introduction of an escalator (moving stairs) in the largest (two floors) department store.
So stunned that staff had to be positioned at top and bottom to instruct safe mounting and dismounting techniques.
Long lines (queues) formed to give it a go. It became routine after a week but opening day was definitely stunning.
Sounds like Lancaster in about 1970?

Leman

We get headlines like that in the Formby Champion virtually every week.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

On a trip to the Philippines with friends we brought their brother and his family to stay in our hotel in the main city on Bohol, Tagbilaran, giving them a chance to see the city for the first time.

Their kids were stunned by having electric lights in their room and also really enjoyed the escalators in the nearby mall once they got used to them.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: JeffNNN on 28 April 2017, 07:31:38 PM
Sounds like Lancaster in about 1970?

Close, but late 1960's and a shade farther west.  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

JeffNNN

Quote from: d_Guy on 29 April 2017, 03:31:38 AM
Close, but late 1960's and a shade farther west.  :)
d
So either Morecambe or "feet wet".

DanJ

QuoteSounds like Lancaster in about 1970

The only two story building in Lancaster is the Prison, not sure if they've got escalators.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The new Premier Inn over the cinema (i.e. New within the last 25 years) has a lift!
I used the stairs!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner