BBB as an active learning component in class

Started by KTravlos, 28 April 2017, 09:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTravlos

I used BBB for two active learning components.

You can read the educational report here http://blog.irstohasmoi.com/2017/04/active-learning-component-using-bloody.html

And a short battle report and pictures of the Tacna Scenario here https://phdleadhead.blogspot.com.tr/2017/04/bbb-tacna-as-active-learning-component.html

With Respect
Konstantinos Travlos

Steve J

Great idea Konstantinos and hope future sessions go well.

sunjester

Excellent, I've done similar things in the past using BKC for WW2. I regularly had groups of 12-16 taking part but I did need an assistant.

Good luck with your next session.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Excellent stuff - how much do I wish we'd had something like that when studying the Italian Wars, Thirty Years War, ECW and GNW during my A Level  studies, and the Russian and Spanish Civil Wars when I was at uni. Great to see this kind of approach being taken.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leman on 28 April 2017, 01:27:02 PM
Excellent stuff - how much do I wish we'd had something like that when studying the Italian Wars, Thirty Years War, ECW and GNW during my A Level  studies, and the Russian and Spanish Civil Wars when I was at uni. Great to see this kind of approach being taken.

How I wish the great and good "Christian National Education" in my dear old home country had ever mentioned any of those events! The number of times one can work up interest in a group of disgruntled settlers slaughtering the locals to reach their promised land is really limited.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Subedai

Excellent idea, wish they had it my day.

Quote from: Leman on 28 April 2017, 01:27:02 PM
Excellent stuff - how much do I wish we'd had something like that when studying the Italian Wars, Thirty Years War, ECW and GNW during my A Level  studies, and the Russian and Spanish Civil Wars when I was at uni. Great to see this kind of approach being taken.

You covered all that lot! To quote Python 'You lucky,lucky bas*ard!' I didn't get as high as 'A' Level. Well, I suppose leaving the day of your last 'O' Level put the kaibosh on that, but we were stuck with the highly dull Industrial Revolution for our CSE exams.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Pretty much what I had for O level - Victorian British political/social history to a 14-16 year old is pretty bloody dry (apart from the Crimean War and the Trent incident - and the Charge of the Light Brigade was released at the same time).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

barbarian

That is a really interesting post.
I was more interested into the teaching part : really a great tool but needs a lot of preparation.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!