105mm Artillery Cost

Started by Zypheria, 27 April 2017, 11:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zypheria

I have been looking the diferent army list when I see this:

How can de 155 Artilley being better, cost less than the 105. It's something that repeats along different lists, is it intentional or is an error?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome.
Four gun batteries for 155 vs 6 for 105 would be my guess
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zypheria

I'm sorry but I don't get the point about the batteries numbers you are referring.

Techno

Welcome, 'Z'......

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

105s came in batteries of 6 (medium artillery), whereas heavier guns were often used as fours?
But I'm only guessing
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Jammybee

There are so many units in BKCIII, there are bound to be a few puzzlers.

Also the 57mm AT guns are a bargain!

Matt J

Quote105s came in batteries of 6 (medium artillery), whereas heavier guns were often used as fours?
But I'm only guessing

It's the cost Will. 155's are 10pts cheaper and are far more potent. Must be a typo.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 April 2017, 10:52:38 AM
105s came in batteries of 6 (medium artillery), whereas heavier guns were often used as fours?
But I'm only guessing

Wrong in this case Will - Field Btn's had 4 tube batteries. Armoured Field Batteries (Priests) had 6 tubes, as did the regimental Cannon company. What you are saying is more correct for the British.

Incidentally - why does the 25pdr have a restricted arc, I know form personal experience you can easily turn it 360 degrees using the issued scaffolding pole.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 April 2017, 10:52:38 AM
But I'm only guessing

The points / capabilities certainly used to be based on an a single systems performance - not "X" number in a troop / platoon. Otherwise 3x T-34s would have their hands full with 5x PzVI.

It's a typo.

sjb1001

Dave - 5 T-34s would struggle with 3 Tigers!! 5 Panzer IV on the other hand; 5 T-34s would have a good to even chance depending on year.

petercooman

Ok, have a bit of a question regarding field gus etc, but found this thread and thought it better to put here than in a new one.

Looking at the OP's picture:
Quote from: Zypheria on 27 April 2017, 11:18:00 PM

Why does a 37mm anti tank gun have lumbering and deploy, and a 155mm field gun doesn't? Is it because they have no move value?

Now seeing that deploy/mount/dismount are all considered move actions, this would mean a 37mm anti tank gun would have to pack up,mount and move, dismount in the next turn and deploy in the turn after that.that's 4 turns, while the 155mm field gun could just mount a vehicle, be moved, dismount and start firing in the same turn????? (considering you make the comand checks)

Zypheria

Mmm  :- In fact the 37mm AT skip the mount option. Just Pack Up/Move (only once for the lumbering rule)/Deploy/Fire so 4 orderes.
The "not move value" artilley needs the transport to move so Mount/Move/Dismount/Fire again 4 orders. So both needs 4 orders.

petercooman

Ye, but I was making the assumption they were both being towed, as to have the same situation for the sample.

The whole problem is: A deploy and a mount action are also considered move actions.

sediment

Just how much deploying does a 37mm or a PAK 36 or IG75 or similar need?  I thought these were light enough to push along by hand at walking pace and that they could stop and be ready to fire pretty quickly (certainly well within an activation within our game).  Thinking about it, weren't they designed to keep pace with infantry and to fire from the march in support.  Do they deserve lumbering and deploy?  Not like they are 88's on a cruciform trail or anything.

Similarly, portees, like the 2pdr and 6pdr in the desert, weren't they designed to drive forwards, swing around and open fire within a matter of minutes (i.e. within an activation in the game), should such mobile units really need to deploy like towed guns, if so, why use them in the game, buy towed AT versions, you can buy two guns and tows for very little more than a single portee.

Cheers, Andy   

petercooman

Quote from: sediment on 07 May 2017, 08:44:57 PM
Just how much deploying does a 37mm or a PAK 36 or IG75 or similar need?  I thought these were light enough to push along by hand at walking pace and that they could stop and be ready to fire pretty quickly (certainly well within an activation within our game).  Thinking about it, weren't they designed to keep pace with infantry and to fire from the march in support.  Do they deserve lumbering and deploy?  Not like they are 88's on a cruciform trail or anything.

Similarly, portees, like the 2pdr and 6pdr in the desert, weren't they designed to drive forwards, swing around and open fire within a matter of minutes (i.e. within an activation in the game), should such mobile units really need to deploy like towed guns, if so, why use them in the game, buy towed AT versions, you can buy two guns and tows for very little more than a single portee.

Cheers, Andy  

Just look at these go and dare to tell those guys the can't move faster: