Where to Buy CWC-1?

Started by Leon, 27 April 2017, 12:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

27 April 2017, 12:58:33 PM Last Edit: 20 May 2022, 11:50:57 PM by Leon
The original Cold War Commander is available in both hardcopy and pdf:

Hard copy through Lulu, priced at £17.50 - http://www.lulu.com/shop/peter-andrew-jones/cold-war-commander/paperback/product-20009684.html
PDF through Wargame Vault, at £8.00 - http://www.wargamevault.com/product/210575/Cold-War-Commander
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

You may want to update the description on Wargame Vault. It currently says "The 2nd Edition of these rules will be released in 2018.".

Big Insect

CWC II is most certainly "on the plan" but a 2018 release is more than a little optimistic (may for FWC II its possible with a bit of time-travel thrown in)  :'(

Duly noted.

Many thanks
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

How is CWC II going at thev moment ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 October 2020, 11:14:19 AM
How is CWC II going at thev moment ?

Work had paused while I got the SCW supplement finished up, but I'll be moving back to the CWC army lists in the next few weeks and getting them all formatted up.  Mark's working on the text side of things as well.

Catch me back channel if there are any problems

Roy

While I'm logged in to the forum...

How does Lulu work?

Is the work done in the UK (same as my location) and posted from within the UK?
Or, like Shapeways, from mainland Europe and couriered to the UK?
Or, printed in North America and shipped across, over sea or through the air?

I had looked at getting the current edition and either getting a Wargames Vault pdf printed from doxdirect (for instance) or, possibly, buying from Lulu.

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fsn

Quote from: Roy on 04 October 2020, 01:29:54 PM
How does Lulu work?

Welllleeeeelellllllelllllelllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeelll

You know she makes me wanna shake
Look, my hand's jumping
Look, my heart's thumping
Throw my dice now
Come on now

Don't forget to say you will
Yeah, don't forget to shake
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Quote from: Roy on 04 October 2020, 01:29:54 PM
While I'm logged in to the forum...

How does Lulu work?

Is the work done in the UK (same as my location) and posted from within the UK?
Or, like Shapeways, from mainland Europe and couriered to the UK?
Or, printed in North America and shipped across, over sea or through the air?

I had looked at getting the current edition and either getting a Wargames Vault pdf printed from doxdirect (for instance) or, possibly, buying from Lulu.

I don't recall, but I think its printed locally -  I suspect the postage costs will tell you.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Roy

Quote from: fred. on 04 October 2020, 04:08:04 PM
I don't recall, but I think its printed locally -  I suspect the postage costs will tell you.

£2.49 GBP 
when inputting a UK delivery address.

Quote from: Lulu
Whatever you choose to create, however you choose to create it, Lulu is here to help with book printing available in five languages and in over 225 countries and territories. Whether you are creating a gift, a book to sell on Amazon, a manual for your office, a portfolio, or any other kind of book for any purpose, Lulu encourages you to create something.

though I can't find specific mention of a UK print facility on the website. But, according to Google, "There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine." So I'd be surprised if the UK didn't have a dedicated Lulu print facility.

Quote from: fsn
Welllleeeeelellllllelllllelllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeelll...

Very good  ;D Though you did make me think for a moment as to what the heck you were on about  ;)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}