Panzer Mk IV in the various army lists.

Started by T13A, 27 April 2017, 12:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Got my eagerly awaited copy of BKC-III in the post yesterday and just having a read through. One thing that immediately stood out in the army lists is the stats for the German Panzer MK IV. Now I'm assuming looking at the stats that the "Panzer IV, 7.5cm" is the earlier model with the short barreled 7.5cm gun and the "Panzer IV, 7.5cm, long" is the later version (with naturally the long barreled 7.5cm gun). If that is correct I'm confused as to why the early version has a 5+ save and the later, better armoured version, has a save of only 6+?. A typo?

Also looking at the German Army, Italy, list, only the early version panzer Mk IV is listed, now I'm pretty sure that the later version with the long barreled 7.5cm gun was used in Italy, especially as on turning to page 114 there is a picture of....... guess what?  ;)

Also looking at the German Army, NW Europe list there is the "Panzer IV" (no gun listed) with the stats for the early short barreled version,  but no sign of the later MK IV with the longer barrel in the list. Another typo?

Grateful for your thoughts.

Cheers Paul

T13A Out!

Leon

Thanks for the post, in answer to the queries:

- The Pz IV's should be a 5+ Save, as with the other Pz IV based vehicles above and below in the list.

- Yep, an omission there so add it into the Italy list.

- German: NW Europe list, both versions should be in there.  The stats are for the short 7.5cm, the stats for the long 7.5cm can be found in the Eastern Front list.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

What happened to UK Shermans in North Africa (None), and Italy (NO 75's or Fireflies)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

The Firefly is in the Italy list, right at the bottom of Pg 88.  The others you mention can be brought in from other lists if folks want to.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ok - but the primary medium tank for the UK in both NA and Italy from Jan 43 is the Sherman, so should be there.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021