Scenario Request and Large Game Tips

Started by Itinerant Hobbyist, 25 April 2017, 05:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itinerant Hobbyist

25 April 2017, 05:56:26 AM Last Edit: 25 April 2017, 06:42:20 AM by Itinerant Hobbyist
I own Command Decision and two of their supplements and also have browsed Bob McKenzie's exhaustive site with his home brewed CD scenarios. Great resources. Couple of points:

1. These are great resources and the OOBs are pretty easy to convert. One day I would like to play a few of the scenarios from the Market Garden book. Could be a fun campaign.
1a. The scenarios are all rather big. I.e. Most have +2 Battalions each side with lots of support. They're designed for big games.

2. Is anyone aware of a source of pre-made scenarios that are slightly smaller than 2 battalions a side?

3. Finally, have any of the veteran BKC players set up large games? If so how did you manage so that people weren't standing around too long bored? Perhaps this is natural fall-out from large games.

sunjester

CD do convert to BKC very easily, I've several scenario books, Benghazi Handicap is fantastic!

A lot of the Battlefront scenarios convert easily enough as well http://www.fireandfury.com/scenarios.shtml

At Tring we have played big games with 6-8 players without any problems. We usually let all the players on either side activate simultaneously, but then slow down and take it in turns for any bits that might interact with one another.

Steve J

Similar to Sunjesters comment really about simultaneuos actions. One thing you can do, is give each Battalion commander an objective to reach on the table, an area of operations etc, which helps keep each payer focussed on their own part of the table. This speeds things up and then when actions might spill into another area, just take a bit more time to co-ordinate things.

Hope this helps?

Itinerant Hobbyist