Not sure who to vote for?

Started by Luddite, 23 April 2017, 10:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luddite

So apparently we have to have another General Election.

I've always felt its more useful to vote on policy rather than personality or soundbite.

This is a useful test to show you which party most closely matches your views.

http://uk.isidewith.com/

Good luck everyone.  Interesting times are ahead.

<:-P
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Bit political, and I'm not sharing my results, except: "You should move from South-West Bedfordshire, no one shares your views"!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Good news is I live in the right part of the country!

Bad news is I'm about to vote for a party 1% less in tune with my beliefs than I could :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

I'll be watching to see that nobody steps over the line.  :P

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Apparently, I'm 70% inconsistent, 68% schizophrenic, and 52% WTF and 23% 1952.

The site has pointed me at some people who can help.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Looks like I won't be voting for their suggestion, although my preferred party tied with them in the result.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

FSN: I think that's a fair result!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Surprised FSN could read the questions !

Almost got me right, and of the pair that came bottom I'm closer to BNP that UKIP. Mind you SNP, Pliad Curry  and Sein Fein all came above those.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

SV52

Green Celtic Nationalist here  8)
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Somebody should do something about that anti-Welsh turncoat Warwick. Send for Edward IV immediately!

DanJ

Go my no 1 correct but after that it was all over the place, 60% SNP and 53% Plaid Cymru when I don't live in either Scotland or Wales and despise all forms of 'Nationalism' and 50% UKIP, a party whose policies and members I find utterly abhorrent.

Think I'll stop now, politics is worse than 'I don't play that game/rule set' for stirring up a heated debate. 

Westmarcher

Assessed as "Centrist" which would be fairly accurate but as for the most likely Party to vote for .... never in a million years!

I mean, the now defunct Runcorn Independence Party (RIP) - where did that come from?  :o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Widnes? Apparently I'm a bit left of centre, which is probably about right(!), although one of the fourth or fifth suggestions was UKIP - and me with an EU flag with the stars in a heart shape - come on now.

Luddite

Quote from: DanJ on 24 April 2017, 10:41:23 AM
...politics is worse than 'I don't play that game/rule set' for stirring up a heated debate. 

Agreed.

Hopefully we can keep this civil. 
I always find these assessments interesting and helpful, so thought i'd share, "for the good of the country" rather than to stir up divisive debate.
This one doesn't seem as good as previous years and there were a few questions in there that seemed a bit odd.

For my part, they always seem to match me most closely to a party i'm not voting for.   ;D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN