BKCIII - first impressions

Started by Steve J, 22 April 2017, 09:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Well, having rested after a long, long day to and from Salute, a few first impressions from a quick flick through of the book:

- It is a beautifully produced book, with much higher production values compared to the previous versions. It certainly does catch the eye.
- I really like the photos that have been added through out the book. They are by and large ones you do not normally see in rulebooks for this period and personally they have got the juices flowing to get a game on the table. There is a repeated photo on page 147 which made me smile, which goes to show that "to err is human, to be perfect divine."
- Some nice pics of beautifully Pendraken minis have also been included, which I like.
- The amry lists are well layed out, but I haven't had chance to go through all of the nuances or detail contained therein.
- I like the 'Hints & Tips' section at the back of the book, which will hopefully prove to be very useful for new players. Maybe this is something that other books should emulate?

So overall a very positive first read through :).

Leon

Thanks for the feedback Steve, glad you like it so far.  That duplicate image is going to haunt me, I was sure we'd changed it on the final version that went to the printers, but unfortunately not!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chieftain

Similar things cropped up with Warband. 

Immensely frustrating!

:-[
Official Guru of our Warband rules!