[POLL] Which army are you planning to start with?

Started by Chieftain, 14 February 2015, 02:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There are twelve armies in the Warband rules, which should give you a good selection to choose from.  Simple question - which army are you planning to start first?

Barbarian men
3 (7.1%)
Dark elves
5 (11.9%)
Dragon men
9 (21.4%)
Eldritch vampires
0 (0%)
Goblins
16 (38.1%)
High elves
8 (19%)
Hill dwarves
15 (35.7%)
Lizard men
3 (7.1%)
Samurai apes
4 (9.5%)
Taurians
3 (7.1%)
Undead
11 (26.2%)
Wood elves
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Club colleague bought the rules at WMMS, but we've already got armies based on 80mm widths for Impetus so I'll probably take my Runic Order crusader-dwarves out. The dwarf list gets a lot of shock cavalry, I hope :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Chieftain

Quote from: toxicpixie on 22 March 2015, 10:23:54 AM
Club colleague bought the rules at WMMS, but we've already got armies based on 80mm widths for Impetus so I'll probably take my Runic Order crusader-dwarves out. The dwarf list gets a lot of shock cavalry, I hope :D

Dwarf shock cavalry?  Hmm...well, they get Noble riders as optional troops.  They're pretty shocking.   ;D

However...all is not lost!

You can also take core troops from other lists as allies and mercenaries.  So maybe use the Barbarian Men bison riders, or High elf knights unit stats with your dwarf cavalry models.

:-bd
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

toxicpixie

Well, there's the mercenary crusaders, the Orcopolen and the LithuaniaOrc wolf rider native auxiliaries. Plus the mounted crossbows... I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze them in!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Bloodaxe

I played Dwarves in Warhammer- so Hill Dwarves for me!

Bloodaxe

I like the Skaven/Ratmen also, so I'llprobably get an army of them. I'll use the Goblin & Orc list, or my home made list for them.

jblittlefield

Goblins ... becauz Humies, Stunties, and Pointy Ears sux and other stuf ain't Green.

That and I have an abnormal fascination with gobbos ... close to 9000 points in WHFB 3E reckoning

DFlynSqrl

Quote from: jblittlefield on 25 April 2017, 01:07:15 AM
That and I have an abnormal fascination with gobbos ... close to 9000 points in WHFB 3E reckoning

Wow!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Already did Tauerans - any chance of a army with Dino's in it ? 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021