Modern Dogfight using Lacquered Coffins (Modified)

Started by bigjackmac, 20 April 2017, 03:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Wow, those Ki-43s and P-40s look amazing.  Makes me want to find time to get mine out! ;)

V/R,
Jack

lowlylowlycook

Terry37

Jack,

Let me know if you need any color schemes for them. I have plenty of references and am happy to share.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

bigjackmac

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

bigjackmac

Terry,

Thanks man, but mine are already done (they're 1/600 and don't look anything near as good as yours!):

Some Tigers chasing Japanese bombers.

Some Wildcats.

Some Zeros.

Some Ki-43s.

And some Bettys (Betties?).

V/R,
Jack

Terry37

No worry jack. if you need any info down the road, always happy to share.

I think your planes look fine, and your colors look very accurate. I'd sure be pleased with them!

One thing I've learned from many years of doing this hobby, as long as one does their best and has fun doing it, then no need to compare to others. Mainly because there will always be some one out there whose better. And, bottom line, they all play the same.

Terry

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Look good, but didn't all US aircraft only carry the national marking on one wing ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

From Feb 43. Before that, they were on both wings.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

I am guessing those P-40s are Flying Tigers while serving with the Chinese so would have Chinese markings which went on both wings.

Terry

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Terry37

Ah yes, my bad, I thought you were referring to the P-40s as your post did not specify and I saw no error on the Wildcats. However as has already been stated the F4Fs are still correctly done.

Terry

bigjackmac