Mini-bits MDF 10mm Rail tracks

Started by Dave Fielder, 16 April 2017, 12:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Dave Fielder

oh ... and can you do it in 6mm as well?  ;)

Leon

Possibly, but it's not something we've got planned at the moment.  At this scale the track would be very thin and likely to break, so we'd really need to supply it on some type of base which might not be ideal.  We are working on some resin tracks though, which would be stronger and easier to use.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 17 April 2017, 01:51:21 PM
'N' gauge?

Longer term yep, this first set are narrow gauge tracks for WWI which should be released sometime in May.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave Fielder

OK, sounds just right as it is for WW1 and also FPW era, could also stretch to ACW (but it would have to be a big tunnel to get across to Gettysburg!!)

Wulf

Tracks on a base would in many ways be preferable anyway, as real track needs bedding, ballast, etc. I'm using N Gauge track with none & it just doesn't look right...

Leman

Agreed - ballast and sundry bits of vegetation add to the look. Incidentally, many railways in the South during the ACW were narrow gauge.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dave Fielder

Did these ever get released? Not seen anything on the Websites.

Leon

They've all been moulded but with one thing or another we've not got them sorted and released.  I'll get on to this after Salute and we can get them onto the website.

Leman

Sounds promising. I have a fair bit of 6mm track, but the 10mm seems to be as rare as hen's teeth (and I'm working on Villers-Brettoneux in 10mm, which features rail track and a train. Fortunately been able to pick up engines and rolling stock fro eBay).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!