New Interwar Playground :) - Madeira Revolt

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 15 April 2017, 12:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello All

Came across this interesting blog entry on the 1931 Madeira Revolt http://wargamingmiscellany.blogspot.co.id/2017/04/the-madeiran-revolt-of-1931.html (no, it's not about cake but it is about bread) and I am going to look further into it to see if I can find more details. Looks like fun and you can use WW1 British painted in horizon blue for the troops :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jimduncanuk

Speak to Bob at Wargaming Miscellany. I'm sure he will pass on any additional information that he may have.
My Ego forbids a signature.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 15 April 2017, 01:12:53 AM
Speak to Bob at Wargaming Miscellany. I'm sure he will pass on any additional information that he may have.

Hi

Yes I may do that but for now I'm enjoying digging around to find what info is available. For instance the air cover was provided by CAMS 37 flying boats, which unfortunately I've never been able to find in 1/144, apart from the wooden ones on eBay. But I'm think that they are close enough in appearance to a Walrus to allow me to fudge without too much work :). I was looking at getting one for French Polynesia anyway ::).

Back to looking :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Too trye Paul, too true 8). I've always liked the idea of using some flying boats for my AVBCW games, with them based somewhere along the South West coast.

On a slightly related note, a former firends Dad was based in Port Harcourt in Nigeria during the war, where Sunderland flying boats operated out of. One day he'd just got back to shore after servicing one of said boats when it went up as one of the mines on board went off. A lucky man for sure.