Happy Easter

Started by Orcs, 14 April 2017, 08:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Happy Easter to you all.

Its hot cross buns today , even though they seem to be sold all year round I refuse to buy them.  The only question in our house is should they be toasted?
I like them as they come with butter, while Mrs Orcs insists they should be toasted first.

Easter Eggs on Sunday, Mrs Orcs will have at least tried hers within minutes of getting it and Lay Stepdaughter will no doubt have scoffed at least one if not two before lunch.  I will have to make mine last for several days to keep my blood sugar reasonable. At least chocolate is better than many other sweets.

No real painting for me this weekend as I am working today and anyway my den is out of commission while we have some electrical work done. But I will go looking for a new carpet for the den tomorrow.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

My vote goes with Mrs Orcs on the subject of toasting, but the world is big enough for both of us despite our different views.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

;D ;D

My daughter reminded me a couple of Easters ago that when they were younger I had been firm on when Hot Cross Buns and Easter eggs could be eaten. At least if I was around ;)
As she said, "at least we know their meaning"
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

I too am working today and possibly tomorrow. Looking forward to Salute to get my wargaming fix :)

Fenton

Since changing jobs i think this is the first time in about 10 years I haven't worked any part of Easter. I am even off today which technically isn't a holiday in N.Ireland
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Matt J

Day off today   :) but loads of diy beckons  :(

And must buy many more eggs for the kids Sunday egg hunt, may even manage to get to church for one of father John's very entertaining services.

Happy Easter everyone.

And all buns must be buttered!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Unfortuneatly there is no equivalent of BAAAAAAA HUMBUGGGGG for easter.

Enjoy yourselves.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Subedai

Plain and buttered, toasted and buttered or just straight out of the packet, it's all the same to me. I will eat them any way I fancy at the time. That and an excuse to choc-binge is a win-win for me; you can forget the rest.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Westmarcher

Not wishing to be a party pooper, whatever your religious beliefs (or not), the sad part is that, at the very least, today (Friday) commemorates the day a guy was slowly and agonisingly put to death for his pacifist beliefs.  :-X

However, whilst that is a very sobering thought, taking into account the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune we humans suffer in our daily lives (much of which is less, "fortune" and more, "fellow humans"), true Christians will tell you that this sad episode is just part of a greater story that gives them much comfort and hope for themselves and the rest of us.  :)

So, whatever your religious beliefs (or not), accept their message as a benevolent one and have a good holiday everybody.   <:-P

p.s. Don't eat too much chocolate or you'll be sick.  :-&

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

If he existed, and if his beliefs have not been gravely distorted over a long period with far from disinterested custodians of the sources...not to mention that eggs, sprinkling with water, and resurrexion are far older than the religion that appropriated them...

Chocolate, now - that I can believe in.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jimduncanuk

In Scotland you can get hot cross buns with the cross on the diagonal like St Andrews cross and not orthogonal like St Georges cross.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leman

Quote from: Orcs on 14 April 2017, 08:08:20 AM
Happy Easter to you all.

Its hot cross buns today , even though they seem to be sold all year round I refuse to buy them.  The only question in our house is should they be toasted?
I like them as they come with butter, while Mrs Orcs insists they should be toasted first.

Easter Eggs on Sunday, Mrs Orcs will have at least tried hers within minutes of getting it and Lay Stepdaughter will no doubt have scoffed at least one if not two before lunch.  I will have to make mine last for several days to keep my blood sugar reasonable. At least chocolate is better than many other sweets.

No real painting for me this weekend as I am working today and anyway my den is out of commission while we have some electrical work done. But I will go looking for a new carpet for the den tomorrow.

I guess the answer is they are called HOT cross buns and not cross buns!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Hope is the anchor.

Happy Easter to all.

Yes, toasted I think.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Happy Easter.

Cheers - Phil.