Burgundian ans Swiss flags, which is what?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 12 April 2017, 08:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ahoy, Ahoy!
Hello hive mind.
Can I ask a favour, I'm painting a Swiss army as a commission, and the owner has provided a set of the Pendraken Swiss-Burgundian flags, could anyone name the individual flags?
I'm after the cantons for the Swiss and which are Burgundian, which I need to avoid?
Thanks all
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

kustenjaeger

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

I googled "Swiss flags for renaissance armies" and looked at images. The second one there shows a load of flags which seem to be identical to many on the Pendraken sheets, on a site called 'soul.'  I imagine a similar google for Burgundian flags for renaissance armies might prove equally frutiful.

Mollinary.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

OldenBUA

Avoid pnfl2 and 4, most look Burgundian. On pnfl3, use all except the top two rows. Don't remember all the exact cantons, but I recognise most of the lower ones and they are Swiss. There's Berne (bear), Uri (bull), Schwyz (red with white cross), and several more as well.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leman

Courtesy of George Gush and Douglas Miller PNFL003, line 3, L to R:

Berne
Schaffhausen
Uri
Appenzell
Schwyz
Basle
Obwalden (sic)
Nidwalden
Biel
Zug
Unterwalden/Soluthern
Fribourg
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton