Next Ten Old Glory Napoleonic Battalions

Started by bigjackmac, 12 April 2017, 01:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

I've been slaving away, trying to get my mountain of Old Glory Napoleonic figures painted up, maybe even get a game in this decade.  I've literally got more raw Napoleonic lead than I can count, and I have no end goal in sight (with regards to how many units of various types I want/need to have), but I'm gonna keep charging ahead.  Initially I'm looking at, per side: 6 infantry battalions, two cavalry squadrons, two artillery batteries with limbers, and a CinC and a couple brigade commanders.  I'll also figure out some skirmish bases/units somewhere along the way.  My next step will be to double all that.  So far, I've got the initial batch of infantry done (12 battalions total), and I'm working on the four cavalry squadrons.  Previously I posted my first two infantry battalions (one French, one Austrian); I've now finished up the other ten infantry battalions (five per side).  Let's take a look.

The whole mess, so far: twelve line infantry battalions, six per side, with French on the left and Austrians on the right.  To see a bunch more pictures, plus some work in progress pics of my cavalry, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/04/next-ten-old-glory-napoleonic.html

Well, that's all for now.  Pretty happy with how everything is turning out, pretty proud of my productivity.  I'm getting there, slowly but surely.  The infantry is really a pain in the butt (just so many), but the cavalry, which I plan on doing only twelve figures per unit, three per base, four bases per squadron, is going pretty damn quick, actually.  We'll see how the artillery, limbers, and command stands go.  I hate painting limbers...

V/R,
Jack

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are great.
Looks like a lot of fun to be had
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

bigjackmac

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Not yet, Lemmey, but getting closer ;)

V/R,
Jack

Jesus

guauuuuuuu
Can you put an enlarged photo, please?
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Jesus - Here are some more pics:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/03/first-two-old-glory-10mm-napoleonic.html?m=1

I'll see if I can get some close-ups.

Andy - Thanks again!

V/R,
Jack

Westmarcher

Coming along nicely, Jack.  :-bd

P.S. That's also a good shade of blue for the French - quite authentic looking.*

*Humbrol so-called 'French' Blue has so much to answer for.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

bigjackmac